mikeysoft

GV-800A reliability?

Thats not really a bad failure rate honestly. I mean I do hundreds of systems a year and I get about 2-3 a year that go bad.

Typically the issues I have is an entire channel bank will go dead (i.e. cameras 1/5/9/13).

I have not had much experience with the B cards yet. I just picked up one the other day, no problems yet with it.

Its good if GeoVision is coming out with new hardware, usually when they do that they fix/tweek some bugs.

The biggest thing you want to watch out for when building a DVR is your memory. We used to use memory with a voltage of 1.65V with the i3/i5/i7 series chipsets (1155) and after having issues and contacting Intel, learned the memory was too high. We had to switch to memory thats 1.5v and that solved a LOTTTTTTT of problems.

OC isnt really a good idea when it comes to GeoVision, just stick with it out of the box. (not that your question asked about that, figured id let you know since it sounds as if you are building a DVR)

Thanks for that. I've already got a HP ML110 G6 running a GV800A-8 and want to add a second GV800A-8 (or 16), so when I read that guys review saying the 'A' cards have a high failure rate (and having had my previous GV800-12 fail a few years ago), I got concerned, and wondered if it best ditch my £500 card (bought last year) and get the new 'B' series cards instead, hoping they will be more reliable than the 'A' series cards.