Sign in to follow this  
Louie

Third party software while using Exacqvision server?

Just wondering if I could use third party software like Avigilon to view my Arecont cameras live, remotely and for playback. Or do i need to use Avigilon hardware as well. Thanks, everyone. Louie

Your title is a bit confusing, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you arent asking if you can use Avigilon client to connect to the Exacqvision service running on a server...

Avigilon should work on any regular server hardware that you have access to the OS and can install/uninstall programs, as long as it meets the minimum hardware spec requirements... Unless you have some sort of embedded DVR or something?

I just had Avigilon running on the same server that Exacqvision was installed on for a few days. You'll have to make sure that you turn OFF the exacqvision services so they arent running, or they will most likely interfere with the Avigilon services that may use the same port, depending on how you have things set up.

I ended up just uninstalling the Exacqvision web service to test out Avigilon for a few days, because when I reboot the server, the exacqvision web service would try to start again, even though I had it set to only start manually. Weird...

As far as whether or not Avigilon is compatible with your cameras, check out Avigilon's website to see if your model of cameras are supported.

http://avigilon.com/downloads/acc4/ACC-Support-Devices-4.10.0.14.pdf

Thank you for the feedback. Looked at the spec sheet and all my cameras were listed. Now i have to order the software and try it out. Does the software enable dual streaming from camera to server.

Thank you for the feedback. Looked at the spec sheet and all my cameras were listed. Now i have to order the software and try it out. Does the software enable dual streaming from camera to server.

No Avigilon does not support dual streaming from the cameras to server. They use what is called HDSM which manages the streams coming from the server to the clients when using Avigilons JPEG2000 and H.264 cameras.

Also Arecont does not support dual streaming it has what is called "ROI" and you can only use that feature if your using Areconts software (which I strongly do not recommend).

Have you looked at Exacq? Avigilon is a great product but might be overkill for one camera. Last time I checked you could get a trial version of the Exacq VMS that comes with a license for one camera. It can do everything you want.

Colin B

www.compatiblecameras.com

Avigilon is a great product but might be overkill for one camera.

I use it on 4 at my home. It's hard to use anything else once you have used it.

In fact I'm posting this on my Avigilon server.

speccy-1.jpg

desktop_001sized-1.jpg

processor-1.jpg

I ended up just uninstalling the Exacqvision web service to test out Avigilon for a few days, because when I reboot the server, the exacqvision web service would try to start again, even though I had it set to only start manually. Weird...

Services that are set to manual may be started by other processes other than a human restarting them. If there are other services installed that rely on the services set to manual in oredr to run, they could start the manual services. Any programs set to start up in the background or on a windows system to the taskbar, can also start services that are set to manual. Hope that helps