nackgr

Sistore and external ip problem

Hallo

We have 16 cameras that we was able to view them with sistore application with an external ip that was configured by the router ..

we change with a new one and we dont know wich settings we must do to setup it properly to view cameras with homes static ip adress with sistore from anywhere in the world

the new modem is speedtouch 585

I forward the ports for the spesific local ip adress but nothing

You only need to post once.

Is your DVR set to use DHCP to get an address from the router, or is its IP hard-coded? If the latter, you need to make sure your router's LAN IP range is the same as the DVR's. For example, if your DVR is 192.168.0.* but your new router's LAN uses 192.168.1.*, they won't be able to communicate - you'll need to change one or the other.

Make sure your internet IP hasn't changed, as well. You say it's supposed to be static, but some ISPs may give a new one if you connect a new device. Use a computer attached to the same router to go to www.ipchicken.com to check.

I have static ip

I can see all cameras at sistore with the ip 192.168.1.100 but i dont know how can i use my static ip to view the cameras with sistore from outside the home

Your problem is 192.168.1.100 is a private IP address, thus why you can not see it from outside of your home; it is not publicly routable. Class C private addressing was designed to help with the IPV4 shortage by allowing a single public IP address to server multiple private IP addresses.

You need to go to a site like whatsmyip.com and it will show you what your external IP address is. This is the IP address of your modem, and thus what you need to connect to your system from outside of your home.