Sign in to follow this  
techwhizard

Recommendations for a 8CH DVR setup for a liquor store.

Hello from New Zealand. I am looking for a 8CH DVR setup for my liquor shop. I have been reading up cctv forums and looks like dahua DVR's are good value for money. One of the recommendations is Quic Zeus 8 model. Is the below model good? I don't need HDMI or audio output in the DVR.

If the above is good, can someone please kindly tell me whether the supplied PSU with the above DVR will accept 240V input? I am looking at buying it without the HDD and installing it myself when it arrives here unless someone can someone can tell me why I should buy it with the HDD?

Also I need 4 decent security cameras to go with this. Any suggestions including what cables and PSU I will need to go with those cameras.

Regards

techwhizard

edit - also need to make sure that NZ is PAL, so will the above DVR work with a PAL tv?

Hello,

I think the 240V and Pal system is not big issue becasue currently all is auto switch powet suppliy and auto switch TV system.

I am agree on both brand is good stuff.

These are all NTSC DVRs as far as I know. If you need pal you may have to buy from a country that uses PAL.

I will. Thanks. More suggestions welcome.

Also I need 4 decent cameras to go with into the DVR system with PSU and cabling for it. Any suggestions on which camera to for? All will be installed indoors.

I would still suggest Dahua, just not sure if QVis sell them with the PAL firmware or not. Although if you got the LE-A or Apollo HD model I could easily get the PAL firmware for that, the Zeus or LE-AS/AN are harder to come by. Indoor color or other? Domes or other? KT&C have some 700TVL color indoor domes for really cheap right now.