ssnapier

I need a software recommendation

I have a need to replace Mobotix Control Center at a grocery store, due to massive instability, and Geovision stuff seems to make sense. Here are the details on what is in place:

I have two 42 inch monitors for viewing these cameras.

There are 47 Mobotix cameras and 13 Sony PTZ (all of which are on your compatible list) in this system.

They are currently being recorded to 4 QNAP NAS devices (Atom powered TS-459's). Each NAS is currently running RAID-10, with four 2TB drives in each one.

I have two rack mounted computers in the system (win 7 pro 64 bit) each with 4 gigs of RAM available to drive it all. The computer are i5's on an Intel DH55TC main board. One of them is using on-board video and the other has a dedicated video card with 1GB of DDR3. They both have a 500 GB hard drive as well.

Please make a recommendation on what software you would suggest to run/ record/ playback all of these using my existing equipment. If there is additional equipment required, those recommendations are welcome too!

Sounds like a pretty kick-ass setup... so what's the "massive instability"? Why not just address that before trying to completely re-do the front end?

Sounds like a pretty kick-ass setup... so what's the "massive instability"? Why not just address that before trying to completely re-do the front end?

The instability is directly attributed to the Mobotix software, I have proven it on at least 5 other computers with varying levels of horsepower. The program is just not up to the task. I was shown the Aver CM3000 software today and I am in the process of installing that on my test platform right now. Perhaps this needs to be moved out of the Geovision forum since it has taken a left turn?

So im assuming you want to replace what you have with GeoVision and you have 60 cameras?

You have 2 monitors and some computer hardware.

Well you'll want two seperate systems, each with 2 16 channel cards. I'd recommend the GV-1120-16 cards. They do have the video out but you dont want the card for that, you want it for the higher FPS. Each card will have 1 video out but its only good for 16 cameras, so you'd need 4 monitors between the 4 cards.

Instead you'll just use the onboard vga (or the card) and display all 32 channels on each monitor. You'll have 4 blank spots, so i'd either leave 2 blanks on each or 4 blanks on the 2nd DVR>

As for storage, im sorry i wasnt paying too much attention, but just hookup each DVR with the NAS, etc... so your recording.

THe hardware SHOULD do the trick. I tend to use i7's when im doing 32 channels of video per DVR, but an i5 should be sufficient