Sign in to follow this  
todd943703

web service 2.0 and dvr

Hello everybody. I have recentlty been tasked in trying to find out how to gain access to our cctv dvr setup at work. We have approx 6 cameras and a dvr to record everything that goes on. A past co worker set up the whole thing and just recentlt got fired. He was using a program called web service v2.0 to view the casmeras from home which my boss doesnt want him to have access to anymore. I was left with no info on how any of this works. Does anybody have any idea how to login to the web service software? any help would be awsome to me and my company. Thankd.

Todd

You would definetely need the user name and password. As long as its not the 888888 username and password, Its usually the same that you login to from the DVR

Thanks Seanhawg. I will dig a little deeper and see what I can find. Do you know where you get that web service v2.0 software? Does it come with the dvr or is it something you download off the net? Hey thanks again for the help.

Todd

Its not really a software per se. Its an active X control that loads whenever you type in the IP address into Internet Explorer. Its built into the DVR.

its the webrec ActiveX control.

For firmware 2.606 - Webrec.ocx 2.1.7.32

For firmware 2.608 - Webrec.ocx 2.1.7.35

Is there a website for the Web service were can I get an update to the firmware? Does anyone know what is the latest version? One last question, I have heard that you can flash the DVR with a different software, is that possible?

Thx