PaulsonLaw

Design plan fail, forgot to include the internet cable...

I had 1" in the first link for a reason!

I have to fit 4 cat6 in a 3/4" conduit! Dont think it can be done!

Lines...

1st, 4 west bound cameras...

2nd, 4 east bound cameras...

3rd, A/V/IR over cat5

4TH, internet!!!

Shat!

My only thoughts is to remove the A/V/IR over cat5 & get a magnovox "smart box" for the TV & operate it over the net....

... The DVR is being placed more secure in a building separate from the building w/ the router....

Any better ideas to solve besides this?

I had 1" in the first link for a reason!

I have to fit 4 cat6 in a 3/4" conduit! Dont think it can be done!

Lines...

1st, 4 west bound cameras...

2nd, 4 east bound cameras...

3rd, A/V/IR over cat5

4TH, internet!!!

Shat!

My only thoughts is to remove the A/V/IR over cat5 & get a magnovox "smart box" for the TV & operate it over the net....

... The DVR is being placed more secure in a building separate from the building w/ the router....

Any better ideas to solve besides this?

Add a network switch to combine the cameras and Internet service on one cable? If you have power at both ends, that could be a viable option.

hi. lots of ways but without knowing cameras used or distance .... but from what i can make out is your not on IP ???? your using a DVR.

Many option to check into, thanks all... I'm running a zmodo 16ch dvr. The 3/4" line running out from the DVR location was going to carry the internet, 8 cams & the a/v/ir, but I read up I can access the dvr right off the network so not a problem.... more reason to buy a new smart tv lol

Yes, I missed that they were analog cameras...I don't use them much anymore!

You (might!) still be able to get the four cables in a 3/4" conduit, if you are careful, and use lots of pulling lube, with someone helping feed the cables into the pipe.

yeah, but for the money & the application, this is the road I've laid...

yeah, but for the money & the application, this is the road I've laid...

No worries there, I do think analog cameras are still a viable option in a lot of instances, just that my idea of using a network switch wouldn't work in that instance.

Lay more conduit... I dont think I can put down 1 more stick for least 3months, plus I'd have to bust up concrete around the pole & try not to cut the dog fence line & ... ... .. .

On the other hand, I did get the power hooked up today, the wire should arrive in the morning... I bought a liter of pull lube & 500' of 500lb pull rope, 1/4"...

I just have to plug in the shop vac & suck the string thru & then we will find out as to the forth....

*** How much pull can tough cat6 handle if I hit a snare? Thanks All!

btw, most of you will lol, I could not find a nice hood for my 4 poles to keep bords & snow off the cams, so I ended up buying some 18" heavy plastic flower pot bottoms & painting them to match, flip upside down & they look quite nice... I will have to upload pics of the whole thing on here when it's done, hopefully in a few days...