casey

Many Questions

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the view points. You're right I am still confused. I will try and start with some questions from Levon.

(QUOTE) "The answer is yes, you can! We need some more information if possible please.

"1. How many cameras do you need?

2. Color or b&w?

3. How many of these cameras are for outdoor?

4. How many days of recording you would like to retain in the DVR? Number of days recording will determine the hard drive capacity of the DVR.

5. What is the approximate distance of the camera vs. control location?

Based on the answers, a proper power supply, cables and lenses will be recomended. I am also sure that several of our members will give you a quote accordingly..

Please let us know.

Levon"

1) # of cameras. I was thinking of around 13. I will most likely need a system capable of 16 for possible future expanson.

2) I would like all of them to be color with some having infared.

3) 6 cameras inside, 5 outdoor under the sofit and 2 inside a pole building.

4) Recording 1 or 2 days.

5) Control location will be my bed room which is fairly central. The longest house camera is no longer than 70'. The pole building is under 150'.

Some other main questions that I have are as far as wire goes I have purchaced a 1000' role of RG59 Siamease. I have not installed it yet. Would I be much better off going with Cat5?

As far as operating systems go I will have to be able to use my mouth operated mouse since I am paralyzed. This is were from what I understand the KVM switch comes in. I would like to operate my laptop and be able to switch over to a seperate screen for the camera system. All using the same mouse.

If possible I would like to have motion recording and be able to click on a camera view and turn it into a full screen view. I would also like to try and use my tv as a monitor along with the regular pc monitor (not the laptop).

Thanks everyone for all your helpfull advice.

Casey

Get a DVR that you can log in via Internet Explorer (or whatever you use). Some even have where you can install software to control the DVR (in addition to built-in web server). I have a top notch DVR hooked up if you want to look, PM me. No need for KVM. You can use the mouse specified. Heck, you can even hook it up to the TV(in addition). Use the RG59 Siamese with Crimp on BNC Connectors.