Fromjim

IDVR4000 video surveillance does not send email

I have IDVR4000 installed with the latest updates and everything except the ability to send email alerts is working. There really isn't much to configure, all it asks for is the SMTP info, account name,password,from email, to email, and cc email, all the server, 5060, alarm 5061, remote play 5062, TCP 80 and 81 are configured and working.

Any help is appreciated.

God bless

Jim

perhaps nobody has come along yet that knows that DVR?

Anyway make sure the SMTP server is your ISP's SMTP server incase it blocks port 25 as many ISP's do.

And you dont need an account name or password unless the SMTP server requires it.

Other than that .. no idea without knowing that particular DVR.

perhaps nobody has come along yet that knows that DVR?

Anyway make sure the SMTP server is your ISP's SMTP server incase it blocks port 25 as many ISP's do.

And you dont need an account name or password unless the SMTP server requires it.

Other than that .. no idea without knowing that particular DVR.

Thank you very much, I have it setup exactly like Outlook Express which is on the same PC, all that's in the box is "smtp.gmail.com" I also have the fields for "account" filled with my user name, "password" with my password, "From" filled with my gmail address, "To" filled with my gmail address, ''cc"filled with another email address I have. The program can't be blocked because I can see the video over the internet on other computers in our home.

Again Thanks

God bless

Jim

You have to use your ISP's SMTP server.

That would be port 25 unless they say otherwise.

Only use gmail SMTP if you can change the SMTP port in the DVR and want to get a headache trying to get it to work, which may never happen.

In my email program, Outlook Express the smtp port is 465, there is no place in the DVR program to add this for mail, the only port I can change is the network port, which is 80, when I do change it to 465 I no longer see the video from the DVR on the internet. I don't know why the DVR asks for the

SMTP

Account

Password

From email

To email

cc email

they don't seem to do anything, I have tried every combination , leaving the first three fields blank, putting the same email address in all fields to only the to field,

Thanks for your effort

God bless you

Jim

Right so it wont let you specify the port, so it uses the default SMTP port which is 25.

25 is always the default SMTP port for every mail server - rarely it is changed.

In that case you will need to find out your ISP's SMTP server, or IP address.

It should be on their website, or you could call and ask them for it.

Then you should not need a username and pass unless they tell you that you do.

Ask them anyway.

From email can normally be anything, even the same as the to email.

To Email will be the email you want the alerts to be sent to.

Right so it wont let you specify the port, so it uses the default SMTP port which is 25.

25 is always the default SMTP port for every mail server - rarely it is changed.

In that case you will need to find out your ISP's SMTP server, or IP address.

It should be on their website, or you could call and ask them for it.

Then you should not need a username and pass unless they tell you that you do.

Ask them anyway.

From email can normally be anything, even the same as the to email.

To Email will be the email you want the alerts to be sent to.

Hi Rory, I now have "iDVR4000" software and drivers, provided by

www.goldvision.com.cn

I wrote them for help, but never got an answer.

Seems like I got stuck with not very good software, I was wondering if I could buy another software program to run my DVR Surveillance or do I have to buy a package , 8 channel card and software together, I would appreciate any input, since I see your name quite often in this forum would you make a suggestion for me. What I need is software to monitor 8 cameras, have an audio chime to advised or welcome people into an area which is activated by motion on the monitor, send email jpg's of alarms off hours, be capable of viewing on the internet.

Thanks

God bless

Jim

I was hoping someone would make a suggestion, I have spent a great deal of money and time but still don't have a decent system.

Thanks

God bless

Jim

You need to use your ISP's SMTP Server.

The ISP is the company you use to get on the internet.

The port should be 25 by default.

Email should then work.

I thought we covered this?

Email should then work.

That's right, you have been very helpful, but nothing seems to work and as someone stated "it's probably bad software" and I can't find other software that will work with my DVR capture card, so I have no choice but to try another route, problem is I have spent money on hardware that I would like to use. As for the ISP I have my email setup and working through them if I use Outlook Express, and I have carried all the information to IDVR4000 to no avail.

Thank you very much, your patience is to be commended.

God bless you

Jim

That's right, you have been very helpful, but nothing seems to work and as someone stated "it's probably bad software" and I can't find other software that will work with my DVR capture card, so I have no choice but to try another route, problem is I have spent money on hardware that I would like to use. As for the ISP I have my email setup and working through them if I use Outlook Express, and I have carried all the information to IDVR4000 to no avail.

God bless you

Jim

Ok I understand now.

As you mention it must be a software issue then.

Another thing would be to try contact the DVR manufacturer for a firmware update to see if that fixes the issue, or at least ask them about it.

Also you might be able to sell it to someone that doesn't need that feature (its actually rarely used) and then buy a DVR that has that working feature.

Email should then work.

God bless you

Jim

But have you actually gotten your ISP's SMTP and tried it with that one?

Email should then work.

God bless you

Jim

But have you actually gotten your ISP's SMTP and tried it with that one?

I really don't know what to say, I have Gmail configured in Outlook Express as a POP3 with "smtp.gmail.com" and is the email I always use, I also have an email account with Rogers in Outlook which is also POP3 configured with server, "smtp.broadband.rogers.com", thanks to your persistance I realized that for some reason I had to use my ISPs email server rather than just any server in Outlook Express, even though they all worked to send and receive email, the DVR software needed the one provided by my ISP Rogers.( I know you said it often enough, it just didn't sink in my hard head, I was on the wrong track)

I am disapointed in the emails though, all I get is a notice "motion detected on channel 1" no jpg or photo of any kind. I see no way of linking the snapped motion photos which are saved on my hard drive to the email as an attachment. I really want to thank you for being so patient, you truly are blessed, I'll keep you in my prayers

God bless

Jim

Look for a setting for "Attachment" or similar, something to upload the image.

Might be in the email setting, or in the detection setup.

Also look for anything that says "Capture".

Look for a setting for "Attachment" or similar, something to upload the image.

Might be in the email setting, or in the detection setup.

Also look for anything that says "Capture".

I am going to be very careful, I don't want to make a booboo again, Thanks

God bless

Jiim

God bless you

Jim

Ok I understand now.

Another thing would be to try contact the DVR manufacturer for a firmware update to see if that fixes the issue, or at least ask them about it.

Also you might be able to sell it to someone that doesn't need that feature (its actually rarely used) and then buy a DVR that has that working feature.

Thanks, I wrote, they don't answer, they are in China.

God bless

Jim

God bless you

Jim

Ok I understand now.

Thanks, I wrote, they don't answer, they are in China.

God bless

Jim

Really sorry to hear this...This is really bad. Hope you will not have prejudice against Chinese company because of this. So anyway, choose the supplier carefully. It is not easy to find customers, neither is to find a good supplier