Sign in to follow this  
liveinxs

Staying in B/W mode

well i was playing around with the settings of my CNB VCM-24VF cameras, cause i just wasn't happy with the look of the picture, i set the settings as follows:

DC:

Level 3

AGC:

Level 3

SBLC:

Low

DNR:

Low

Sharpness:

This morning i noticed that the cameras, would not go out of B/W Night Mode, now after i made the about changes to the settings, the picture was great, maybe slightly soft, but otherwise clear, now i am confronted with this B/W problem...

would anyone know, based on the settings mentioned above, the rest of the settings on the camera is stock btw, what could of caused this B/W condition, and what would maybe correct this problem...

thanks...

I would start by defaulting the whole thing back to factory default and then tweak your settings. Usually, if you reset it to factory default, it will pop it out of B/W mode. Be sure to do this during the daytime when there is plenty of light.

I would start by defaulting the whole thing back to factory default and then tweak your settings. Usually, if you reset it to factory default, it will pop it out of B/W mode. Be sure to do this during the daytime when there is plenty of light.

yes thats what i intended to do tomorrow, now i have baseline settings , i just have to work from there...

those cameras have taken a back seat since i installed my ptz today...i can't stop messing with it...

Thats a first with a CNB camera, normally it is the other way around

But in most cases if a TDN camera is stuck in BW normally means the photocell is bad, or it switched so much the ICR is physically stuck. In this case it has no photocell, it uses the video switch over (which technically sucks no matter what brand camera uses it) so it sounds like something else.