Bob La Londe

DS2P - Pelco P

I recently upgraded my DS2P 1st generation to a more current software revision. This is the demo unit I use in my office to show customers. Pelco-P quit working. I can control cameras using Pelco-C, but as you know that protocol is not fully implemented on the DS2 DVRs and you can not use all of the functions of a Pelco PTZ camera with C prototcal enabled.

The only reason I updated the software is because the first generation DS2P did not have any password protection. Now that I am frequently using my laptop or even my cell phone for demos, and I opened the DVR up to the Internet from more than a very narrow range of incoming IP addresses I decided I needed the password protection at a bare minimum.

None of the telelmetry settings for P were changed, and the unit has been restarted several times.

Any suggestions? DM did not respond to emails regarding this issue.

I recently upgraded my DS2P 1st generation to a more current software revision. This is the demo unit I use in my office to show customers. Pelco-P quit working. I can control cameras using Pelco-C, but as you know that protocol is not fully implemented on the DS2 DVRs and you can not use all of the functions of a Pelco PTZ camera with C prototcal enabled.

The only reason I updated the software is because the first generation DS2P did not have any password protection. Now that I am frequently using my laptop or even my cell phone for demos, and I opened the DVR up to the Internet from more than a very narrow range of incoming IP addresses I decided I needed the password protection at a bare minimum.

None of the telelmetry settings for P were changed, and the unit has been restarted several times.

Any suggestions? DM did not respond to emails regarding this issue.

Apparently something changed in the variables. A factory default seemed to fix the problem. (Not a restart).