loufire

Pelco Spectra mini dome

You guys were such a big help on my last issue so here goes again. I added 19 PTZ's to an existing 3 PTZ system. The existing units were the Pelco units. I am getting vieo but no movement at the dvr. At the camera I have used my tester and have video and movement, no problems. Just to be sure I used a tone generator on the control wires and get a strong tone at the dvr end. Addresses also match up. Any ideas on why these wont move? I hear pelco is notorious for being uncapatible with other dvrs. I am using GenIV Technology dvr and have never had a camera that wont work with it.

With that many cameras, how are you wiring them, do you have the data line for all of them in a daisy-chain configuration, with the termination switched on for the last dome in the chain?

That's the manufacturer recommended method, but most people end up wiring them in a star configuration, which will definitely cause problems with that many cameras.

I would suggest testing each camera individually. If they work that way, you'll probably need a data distribution amplifier like the Pelco CM9760-CDU-T, or equivalent, so each camera has it's own dedicated data line.

If your having trouble with the control wire configuration, to save running new cables you could use a Pelco Genex and KBD 300 and control them over the coax

I guess I should have mentioned that all the new cameras work fine. Just the specters won't move. As far as control wiring, each camera has it's own control wire run all the way back to the dvr. At the dvr I have a terminal block tying them all together and going into the ab block.