PANTHERGRAFIX

NEW MEMBER WHO PURCHASED NO NAME SECURITY DVR

HELLO EVERYONE,

I PURCHASED A NO NAME STAND ALONE DUAL STREAMING H.264 MULTIPLEX 8 CHANNEL NETWORK DVR IT CAME WITH AQ MANUAL BUT NOWHERE IN THE MANUAL ETHER DOES IT STATE A NAME OR MANUFACTURER IT HAS A DVD/R AND A 500 GB HARDDRIVE WHEN I TURN THE UNIT ON ALL I GET IS INITIALIZE IN PROGRESS.........................(INCLUDING THE DOTS) ONCE ITS DONE DOING WHAT ITS DOING (MY GUESS BOOTING) IT GOES TO A BLANK SCREEN WITH AN X IN THE MIDDLE AND IN CONNECTING A USB CORDLESS MOUSE FOUND OUT THAT THE X IS A CURSOR. BUT THATS ALL I GET HAVE TRIED ALL THE BUTTONS BUT NOT ONCE DO I GET ANY KIND OF MENU OR ANYTHING JUST THE INITIALIZING WORD THE DOTS AND THE X CURSOR. IVE TRIED EVERYTHING OPENING THE CAS AND CANNOT FIND A NAME ANYWHERE MY GOAL IS TO CONNECT THE 4 SWANN ADS 100 CAMS I HAVE TO ONE MONITOR (AS I HAVE 4 TV'S 2 ON TOP OF 2 TO WATCH ALL FOUR CAMS. PLEASE HELP WITH ADVICE!!!!

PANTHERGRAFIX

My advice would be to contact whoever sold it to you, get your money back, and then buy something that DOES have a name brand. Sure it might cost more, but then you won't have this issue.

Not to sound snide or anything, but really, with NO usable information on this device, there's little anyone here can do for you. Some photos of the DVR *might* help someone identify it... but from the sound of it, ultimately, you're probably going to have to return it as faulty.

I WAS AFRAID OF THAT. I GOT IT OFF CRAIGSLIST AND NEW BETTER I JUST TRY TO SEE GOOD IN PEOPLE. THEY ASSURED ME IT WORKED AND WHEN I READ THAT IT SHOULD HAVE CAME WITH A CD I TRIED CALLING BACK BUT THEY NEVER ANSWERED. GOT ANY RECCOMENDATIONS ON A GOOD 4 CH DVR THAT I CAN ACCESS FROM BOTH MY DESKTOP AND ANDROID BOTH ON MY LAN AND AWAY? MY BUDGET IS AROUND 250 TOPS FOR THE DVR ALONE I CURRENTLY HAVE 4 SWANN SWADS 100 CAMS AND NEED 24/7 RECORDING OF ALL 4 AND IM TIRED OF MY 4 TVS LOL 2 ON TOP OF 2 THANKS FOR THE ADVICE 100 BUCKS SURE COULD OF BOUGHT MORE EQUIPMENT INSTEAD OF A PAPERWIEGHT

Rule #1 of buying something on Craigslist is always to test it BEFORE handing over the cash.

Anyway, I don't deal with standalones, so I can't suggest anything off the top of my head... someone else here is sure to have some ideas for you though (SEANHAWG?)

Just seen this post. Thanks for the recommend Soundy.

It sounds like your DVR may be shot. If it has hard drive in it, remove the hard drive and see if it boots up. If still nothing, I think your DVR is gone Kaput.

Qvis line of DVR's have been a big hit.

Remove the HDD as mentioned.

However some DVRs will hang on booting up if there is no HDD installed.

Sometimes also they might hang for a while then eventually go through to the OS.

well it goes thru the hang with no hdd installed and then i get this>>>>>>>>>>>>>Initializing......................and thats it no menu or nada the dots are like the windows dot of progression then it goes to a blank screen with a cursor x in the middle thats it please help

Ok, did you remove the Hard drive yet?

Does it even have a Hard drive in it?

If it doesnt, power it off, get a working hard drive and install that inside it, connect it up properly (power and data cable), and the power the DVR back up.

Some DVRs will not start without a working Hard Drive.

since there is both a cvd and hard drve (both to different ide cables and plug ins what should the harddrive be set for master or slave? and same question for the dvd/r?

tried all aspescts even swapped out with a different harddrive that i know works. could the software or formware be toast meaning any way to redownload it? but without a manufacturer hard to do. any other suggestions there Mory??

Need to know the manufacturer then.

Maybe see if you can take a photo of the front, rear, and if possible the inside of it.

Some DVRs are even picky with what HDDs work in them, but with IDE normally was not much else other than keeping the same power (eg some only could use 5400rpm drives but thats really old).

IDE means its not that new, maybe 3-4 years old.

Might be time for an upgrade.

Otherwise, try get some photos and then someone might recognize it.

A firmware update MAY fix it, though its more likely an overall problem with the DVR, like a bad board or HDD controller.

happy.gif

Please note your PC/workstation will need to have Microsoft ActiveX plugin installed and enabled in your browser for these demonstration DVRs to work with your system.

Please note your PC/workstation will need to have Microsoft ActiveX plugin installed and enabled in your browser for these demonstration DVRs to work with your system.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKfy7c-_uy9ldb6ETqZSGN3Z43Q2SH6djG65qDtS9zuKbOvjJUDiBGukv7

Mines a no name one, Nothing at all on the case or in the manual.

Small CD came with it, Program called netviewer that can transfer the video to a PC.

Saves the files as AVS and nothing i have tried so far can open them.

Problem i have noticed is even a minor drive fault and the things stop working, Then all your data is lost.

It wont boot and no way to recover the video.

Anyone know of a program to convert AVS files? Done a search but it keeps popping up a video

converter called AVS which doesnt convert AVS files.

Some DVRs will only output the menu one one of two outputs, TV (BNC to RCA cable) or VGA. If yours has both, have you tried the other one? On the DVR I have, it defaults to VGA, and you have to press and hold the stop button (if I recall correctly) until it beeps to switch the output to the TV. Can't hurt to try the other output if it has one.