Sign in to follow this  
eos

CNB LDM-24 VF Grainy image/pixelated?

I'm always trying out new cameras. In this case I am using a GenIV DCX (1u) DVR that I recently installed to remove a Ded Micros Ecosense, one of the IR domes went bad so I put in a CNB LDM-24 VF to replace it. (have never used their product before) The other GE eyeball cameras and a PTZ on the job do not have this pixelation or grainy-ness that I am seeing.

I usually don't touch factory settings on a camera. In this case the only thing I did was move the sharpness to 15 from 10. I did notice the DNR was set to "low". Maybe the answer is to move DNR to "med" or "high", I just can't see a manufacturer having a camera with these initial results out of the box.

Has anyone used this camera before and had to make adjustments to eliminate the issue that I described? or maybe that is way it is.

CNB's use video to switch over, not a photocell.

Check that it is actually switching to BW.

It definitely is going to B/W, I just now am used to the "Dahua" smooth image that usually results from most cameras. I did see your demo of the CNB camera on your you-tube link. The one I put in is slightly pixelated. The next step would be to move the DNR to medium.

The camera will likely compensate for low light so the darker it is the more noise there will be.

But the IR should work for 20-30' on that Dome (in theory as I havent used it).

IR specs are always overrated for all cameras.

Do you see the IR at all? Do you have a snapshot of it?

One thing to try is to adjust the AGC and DNR.

Adjusting the AGC could make it darker though, but less noise.

Adjusting the DNR could make it look a little more digitized.

Also turning down the contrast on the DVR for that channel will decrease some of the noise.