Sign in to follow this  
cctvlad

wireless ptz control?

Has anyone made a wireless PTZ control unit before , would like to have one custom made rather than using IP control units(more expensive? )would liketo keep it analogue.

the other thing is I would love to find out more is IP or analogue units to a ptz camera with IO with controlling shed lights on and off theres a lack of detail about these and if there is some its insanely expensive..

one scenario is a wireless ptz unit video and control by IP to the laptop? is this possible to go to a NVR thus getting outputs to tv then controlled by a wireless RF control pad around the house to the tv.

the other scenario is a analogue ptz camera with wireless control unit ptz and video to a dvr and have a wireless RF control pad around the house to any tv.

issues would be about range voltage and video quality.

cheap way isnt a quality way though. isnt there encoders with IO control (lights)plus rs485 control for the ptz need it wireless looking for equipment though that would suit this.

i guess ip encoder and output through wireless access point would work for this.

but what can i use for analogue method?

cheap way isnt a quality way though.

this way is infact a very high quality. what i ment was what you are describing will be £1-2k.

i guess ip encoder and output through wireless access point would work for this.

but what can i use for analogue method?

if you stay analog everything is much easier to setup via a dvr .... full ptz control and aux control via dvr to switch lights on (via relay on output of dvr)

manual switch lights or have them switch on from alarm from ptz. along with a ipad when you move ptz it will also move on every tv in the house.... cost ipad and relay

thanks hey for replying I understand what you mean, everything going straight to DVR managed directly from there.but that would be a wired solution? i havent done a relay switch before could you give me an example of a relay that goes connectted to a dvr or encoder?

but if the camera is in the shed away from the house say a large cattle shed. you got lights , distance away from the house etc.

so what am looking is a setup that is completely wireless but yet goes towards the dvr for control or Iphone or ipad.

Understand the ip encoders can do this.do you mean the ipad or iphone has its own app for the encoder itself rather than the dvr but yet the video can be set up to go towards the dvr. id be be happy with that kind of set up. if the app has its relay switch options and control ptz with the video and yet i can set the video wirelessly towards the dvr?

would that work?