eyecu

Modulator question

My customer has numerous plasma TV's through out his house. His 4 cameras are running through a Channel PlusA-D Model 5545 Quad Modulator with IR output PII Frequency control, which allows the viewing on channels 118,120,122,124. Do I have to get another modulator and if I do,how would this be hooked up in order for the viewing of all 8 cameras. I have never used one. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Will the one he has now work with 8 cameras. He has 4 cameras now. Or does this mean he has 4 TV's, Sorry new to the Modulator stuff. It's probally real simple

Will the one he has now work with 8 cameras.

He will need another 4 channel modulator (like he has now) and the 3 input amp to have 8 cameras on 8 channels. If he wants a multiplexed view you could do that too. For example... put the front door and driveway on their own channels and mux the rest to a third channel. Then feed the DVD player onto the 4th input so he doesn't miss any of the movie while he's in the kitchen making nachos... Oh, wait. That's starting to sound kinda like my house!

Anyway that would be one less modulator and he wouldn't have to flip through 8 channels to see all the cameras.

The 3 inputs to the amp would be for the cable TV, modulator 1, and modulator 2. Then there is 8 outputs for TV's. if you need more outputs for TV's you can daisy chain to another distribution amp.

Right now he has 4 cameras all are viewed on his TV's. With the modulater noted above. He will be adding a 16 channel DVR to this. So in order to view 8 cameras in total on his TV's and record the cameras on his DVR and play back on his TV's, what will need to be done?

two options.

Feed cameras into DVR, loop out each camera to an input on the modulators. This would require 2 modulators. (4 channels each) These modulators would feed into the 3X8 amp I linked to. each modulator output would be programmed to a separate channel and he would have 8 cameras on 8 different TV channels.

Or you can stay with one modulator and setup any combination of output he wants. for instance you can have 3 important cameras from the DVR loop out to the modulator input. Then from the modulator output to their own dedicated channels (full screen) and set the DVR display to mux the rest (or all) and loop out of the monitor on the DVR to the last input on your 4 channel modulator. Now the 4th modulator channel shows your DVR's display.