Mavrik

High res capture card win7 64

I'm having a hard time finding a capture card that's analog, high resolution 640+ and runs on win7 64 bit. I find digital capture cards but it's not clear of analog cameras will work on these. Will they? I'm looking to only upgrade my capture card with my pre-existing CCTV system.

You shouldn't be having a hard time. There are many cards to choose from.

Geovision, Aver, NUUO. All have cards that can connect analog cameras and most if not all of those cards have have win7 64 bit drivers.

It's harder than you think, I've looked though a hundred cards already, they are either low res 640< /frame rate or not win7 64 or $500+.

Could you call out some model numbers of cards that are D1, win7 64, under $200?

You also didn't mention frame rate requirements.

The Avermedia NV5000 is about $300, and the NV3000 is under $150. NV3000 frame rate is pretty low for 4 D1 channels (3 FPS max?), while the NV5000 is much better performance. IMO, it's the best bet for an inexpensive capture card, unless you want to go with no-name Chinese gear, and their software often dissappoints.

I'm pretty sure Aver's recent software runs on Win7. My NV5000 is on XP, but the remote console runs fine on Win7 64.

I was just talking to owners of the NV3000 and NV5000 and they said that even though Avermedia has win7 drivers, it doesn't run on win7. This is the BS I keep running into, manufactures claim win7 drivers work for their product, but in fact they don't, especially, 64 bit. I have a couple of Osprey capture cards that have "win7 64 drivers" but it bogs my system down, (3Ghz, quad core, 4GB RAM) classic sign of incompatibility.

So how am I suppose to shop for a capture card when even the manufactures doesn't tell the truth? Well, I have to ask you guys what actually works.

BTW; I thought D1 meant 720x480, 30 FPS

CIF, 4CIF, D1, etc. refer only to the image resolution, not the framerate.

If working 64-bit drivers are such a challenge, why not just reinstall the system using 32-bit Windows? Or even just XP for that matter?

That is why I said "I thought" D1...

How do I change win7 install to load 32 bit? I have the 64 bit CD. I would love to drop it to 32 bit, as long as I don't have to buy another OS.

Hmmm, I think you'd pretty much have to buy another copy of Windows... you could probably find a copy of XP for cheap, since it's nearing the end of its support life.

Strangely, at the computer store where I bought the win7 64, XP cost MORE. Even on flebay it's at $100 for an "open" box. (sounds to me it's being passed around)

But really, capture cards is the only thing I've had issues with, which bounces right back to manufacture claims on which OS it really runs on.

But really, capture cards is the only thing I've had issues with, which bounces right back to manufacture claims on which OS it really runs on.

NV 3 or 5000 will run but slow. they have been out for 5-6 years. but you are looking for the NV5000 T.

notice the T at the end.

Yes I noticed the T, but is it FULLY compatible with win7 64? Aver claims the NV3000, NV5000 and NV5000T are ALL win7 64 compatible, but NV3000, NV5000 run slow or don't work, so how are these win7 compatible? What makes Aver claim on the NV5000T any different? Any item should run to FULL capacity on claimed OS per manufacture specs, not run slow. For a big company like Aver in the above examples to have this issue, how does one purchase products with confidence?