Zohan

ip cam advice needed

Guys, my experience is analog all in one cams, so couple questions regarding ip cams and enclosures...

1. Is one better over the other regarding all in one ip cam (bullet) or a box ip cam in enclosure?

I have a client was burglarized and had 3 analog dome cams. He now wants to put more cams in and the more obvious the better, so I am thinking box cam in an enclosure.

2. Do all box cams fit in enclosures or does it matter what encloseure I put it in?

3. i'm assuming it should have heater and blower?

4. What about nighttime, if I put ir illuminator will the ip cam see ir for good night video?

5. Do I need to worry about motion blur?

What do you think about the geovision GV-BX110D?

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/Prod_GVIPCAMH264.asp

It actually has ir built in and looks like it comes with either fixed or varifocal lens and has good specs otherwise?

It's POE, 1.3mp (which i'd like to be at, not more)

I'm thinking this one because I can get a good price and it would fit the bill, but i'd like to hear of real experience with it...

Actually Zohan, I just checked that enclosure: http://www.securityideas.com/ipnecahowpoe.html

I am certain that I have that bracket. I am aware of it because that particular bracket performs very bady in high winds. Depending on the size of the enclosure and whether or not it has a shroud, you will get various vibrations and oscillations which the bracket cannot control. This also depends on prevailing winds and the direction in which the lowest profile of the enclosure is pointing. I find the lack of strength in those brackets very annoying because any movement affects motion detection. Of course, if the mounting position is protected, that bracket will be fine.

The enclosure also tilts forward which makes maintenance easier.

Thanks for that info....I dont have to use that exact enclosure just an idea...Id like to get an enclosure that powers camera and enclosure POE...

You said you agree with box cam in enclosure over a bullet or dome....can you give me the specific reasons

Guys, my experience is analog all in one cams, so couple questions regarding ip cams and enclosures...

1. Is one better over the other regarding all in one ip cam (bullet) or a box ip cam in enclosure?

I have a client was burglarized and had 3 analog dome cams. He now wants to put more cams in and the more obvious the better, so I am thinking box cam in an enclosure.

I'd stick with domes, personally... less opportunity for tampering.

2. Do all box cams fit in enclosures or does it matter what encloseure I put it in?

MOST box cams are a similar size and shape, and so should fit in MOST enclosures. There are a few exceptions, but they're rare.

3. i'm assuming it should have heater and blower?

Only if it's particularly cold and/or damp. A good *sealed* enclosure should have no problem without a heater/blower in most circumstances. Where do you live?

4. What about nighttime, if I put ir illuminator will the ip cam see ir for good night video?

Only if it's a "true day/night" camera with movable IR cut filter (ICR). The cut filter on a standard color-only camera will simply block the light from the illuminator. If you use a TDN camera, BTW, make sure the lens you use is listed as "IR" or "IR corrected".

Besides, if this guy wants the cameras being obvious as a deterrent, you'd probably be better extending the deterrent with motion-activated flood lights. Not only do you then get a picture in color rather than a ghostly green glow, but a person's first response to a bright light snapping on is usually to look toward the source of the light... which if it's mounted near the camera, means he'll be looking toward the camera too.

5. Do I need to worry about motion blur?

That depends entirely on the camera and the lighting.

What do you think about the geovision GV-BX110D?

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/Prod_GVIPCAMH264.asp

It actually has ir built in

No it doesn't.

yes i messed up on that camera, but not gonna use it as not supported by aver hybrid.....

good idea with the motion lights....

fyi the burglary took place at 3 in the afternoon...

I prefer not using domes, just my preferance...but will incorporate his 3 domes into new system...i'm thinking 2 or 3 ip cams and 3 or 4 analog...want to get to around 8 cams.....He hasnt decided on bullet style or box style in an enclosure....so I think I will be looking at vivotek cams, I can get them easily and at my dealer cost....the features i need are

night visibility

poe

varifocal

good clear images

little to none motion blur

for ip want to be at 1.3 mp

so can anyone recommend analog and ip box cams for this...

any opinions on vivotek box cams and bullet cams?

Im in ny, not too cold this winter but could get down to 10-15 degrees once in a while.....would like to use (if he goes with enclosure) one that has poe for heater blower and camera

How does the aver eh1008h perform with 2-3 ip 1.3 mp cams and the rest analog?