vitos

Hello. Being Targeted

In past 4 weeks my car window been smashed 2 times and only my car. So i joined this forum to find what do i need to buy and set up...

Thanks

hi vitos. we will need a bit more info to your problem.

how are they smashing your windows. are they comming upto your car or using something away.

how close is your car to your house.

and what is your budget and location.

hi vitos. we will need a bit more info to your problem.

how are they smashing your windows. are they comming upto your car or using something away.

how close is your car to your house.

and what is your budget and location.

I can see my car from kitchen window, which is great spot for camera and can see hole car park. Yes they coming up to my car and smashing door window, same window twice. First time on 15 December, when i was going holidays, then i came back on 3rd January. I did change parking place away from pedestrians footpaths. Then again smashed my window this tuesday 24jan.

Iam looking for camera that can be connected to PC for recording. Or maybe its better to buy with separate recorder!?

Budget would be around 130£

Kitchen window is dirty

178953_2.jpg

If you want just one camera you could buy an IP camera which it is fairly easy to connect to your PC.

They usually come with software and id they don't you can get free software very often online that will

record to your HDD. Got such situations you can buy a Foscam IP camera and use software called Vitamin D for free when it's the first camera. More than one you start paying a licence fee. Also it works on PC or Mac.

The thing to watch out for is if the camera has infra red LEDs, it will need installing outdoors as after dark the LEDs will operate and reflect off the window into the lens. I'd like to suggest you visit a local supplier specializing in networking if thats feasible or a computer supplier that has IP cameras in stock.

I can't recommend anyone because for all I know you might live in downtown Timbucktu and don't know which of the cars is yours the near ones or the far ones so can't recommend a lens size either. ( a rough guess might be 6 mm for a close view of the car always supposing you can ensure you always get the same space otherwise 3mm or so) The foscam can be ordered with 6mm or 3.5 mm lens I think. They give value for money but aren't the best. Vivotec are great but more expensive but again compatible with Mac and Win-dowz

are you down east london ????

£130 not going to get you much.... just a analog camera with a 50-75mm lens. good news is you have good lighting at night time.

a recorder will be better ... for analog you would need either a 4 way card or a usb recorder (usb recorders can be cheap) but i would say spend as much money as you can on one and stay away from the cheap ones.

Bosh pixem camera around £120

dahua DVR around £ 190

or a single usb recorder avermedia £70. http://www.avermedia.eu/avertv/UK/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=473&device=4

Thanks for advice. My car is white one with white patch and its looks in picture quite far away. Iam living in Edinburgh

a foscam is infact just a web cam. you will get no detail at all with there 6mm lens infact you will not even get an image like your picture posted. and you cant get detail from that.

Yep, good news is you have light. I'd buy a used Bosch LTC0355 w/ 5-50mm lens as a starting point (around $5-10 used on ebay) and spend the rest on a DVR, or if you're content with one channel use an Axis 241S encoder (used around $100 ebay) and they have free software for one camera. If you think you are adding more cams you may want to find a DVR instead so you have more channels. That's a pretty tight budget though.

You may need a little more on the lens (you can pick up Ultrak 7-70mm video iris lens on ebay $15 which is a nice lens and the Bosch deals with both video and DC iris), but it would help people make suggestions if you could measure the distance.

what about hiding a camera in the car?

you can get all-in-one cameras for cars for about £100 i think and if you start it recording when you park the car depending on the SD card fitted it should be able to record for the whole night.

and the good thing about this is then you can also use it when driving as a dashboard camera so if you have a crash you have solid evidence to show it was not your fault

Thanks for advice. My car is white one with white patch and its looks in picture quite far away. Iam living in Edinburgh

Probably try a 6mm fixed lens Foscam. It would bring the car closer. Try Ebay for Foscam and find model FI8904W

If you don't see the 6mm lens model, contact the seller to see if they can sell you one with 6mm lens.

Remember fitting it outside, you will need to enclose the connections in a IP65 or IP66 junction box to keep them protected from poor weather and then the camera is wireless too so you won't have connect it to your router using a CAT5 patch lead although you will need one to set the IP address of your camera The instructions are good on that camera.

You can expect to pay about £65.00

I saw one with 6mm lens item no 280553022340

please dont buy a foscam from ebay ...... foscam DO NOT SELL ON EBAY. you are only paying £2 less than if you buy from foscam uk.

you do not have any warranty if you dont have the electronic invoice which will have your warranty code on.

ebay problems and things to look out for >>> foscam print there name on the boxes (ebay one dont)

ebay has missing parts >>> foscam have quality control. foscam will work with 3rd party software>>>>> ebay only works with the clone software.

if you feel that an extra £2 is to much to spend on a camera with support then you cant afford a camera.

this is the actual warning from foscam uk.

When you purchase directly from Foscam.co.uk you are not only purchasing a camera, but also the value-added services of same-day shipping from our London based warehouse, complete after-sales technical support as well as our UK based replacement warranty and return services. Foscam.co.uk does not provide support or warranties on behalf of any Foscam cameras purchased directly from China and sold on Amazon, Ebay, or other through other resellers.

Guarantee

We guarantee that your Foscam wireless camera will be 100% functional or we will issue you an immediate replacement. In addition, the camera is covered by a 1 year manufacturer's warranty which will be honored by us through our warehouse in London.

Our return policy is 14 days. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee and buyer pays return shipping.

The Foscam.co.uk warranty is only available to users who purchase directly from Foscam.co.uk using our online checkout system. Protect yourself by purchasing only through the links on this page.

Can any of foscam cameras can zoom in a bit?

Am pretty sure who ever smashed my window twice, will do third time. Am sure it is neighbour or someone next house. As long i can see from where he coming from and what time. Then police can deal with that.

The car from my window is about 15 meters.

Can any of foscam cameras can zoom in a bit?

no with a foscam. (the picture you have posted is better than a foscam)

from your window to your car you are looking at a 50-75mm lens if you want to get detail like a face shot.

you may be better using a camcorder