smartec

anyone has this problem with dvr before?

Hi,

i am wondering whether you guys has similar problem that i am encountering. My hi sharp dvr shows that channel 1 is video loss, but when i tried to swap the camera from channel 1 to channel 2, it shows the image in channel 2, but not in channel 1. and if i plugged the other camera to channel 1, it will still shows video loss. Anyone has experienced this before and might know the problem and solution for that? I have several dvrs with this issue.

I also encountered this with i catch dvr before.

Regards,

howard

Do you mean the bnc input in dvr? i hv checked the bnc input in dvr, all of them are normal. But only specific channel doesnt show the camera images. Bnc output in camera is perfectly fine too since i hv tried to put it in diff channel and it shows cameras image.

Hv you encountered this problem before?

You've plugged multiple cameras into the same input and it consistently shows signal loss. This means that the input is faulty. Yes, I've seen it before on cheap DVRs with poor quality control.

Open your DVR and check the soldering of the BNC sockets. This is usually the problem. If they are fine, it is probably nothing you can fix yourself.

Replace the DVR if you still have warranty.