bass1176

Sifting thru the chinese makes on ebay is tough help

D1 is max 7fps each channel.

If you want channel 1 @ D1 30fps (or anything higher than 7fps), then all the rest will have to be in CIF.

It that what they mean here? What if I wanted to do 15fps on 4 channels at d1 and not use the remaining four at all, is that possible.

"User can customize resolution and frame rate on each channel to their liking".

No, only channel 1 gives option of D1 over 7fps (4/8 channel DVR), and all other channels then have to be CIF. You can however go below 7fps adjustable per channel.

For the price of this DVR you cant beat it. Not only for the 7fps at d1 many offer this but the picture quality on these are worth the price. Just plugged in another Chinese no name that arrived today, jeez what a waste. Sending them both back ( yup I ordered two from ebay to test out). Thanks again for the guidance.

^^ That is nice, But it's $600 not $400?

Not to thread jack, I'm doing the same thing. Sifting through for a real good value.

I want to have 16 cams one day.... Would (2) 8 Chan DVrs be better than one 16chan?

That same website has a 16Ch that records Real D1 on all 16ch at 7.5 fps. Which, rly

7.5 should be enough for Home System....

Woops! I didnt even see Page 2. lol so my reply was to the Page 1

^^ That is nice, But it's $600 not $400?

Not to thread jack, I'm doing the same thing. Sifting through for a real good value.

I want to have 16 cams one day.... Would (2) 8 Chan DVrs be better than one 16chan?

That same website has a 16Ch that records Real D1 on all 16ch at 7.5 fps. Which, rly

7.5 should be enough for Home System....

Woops! I didnt even see Page 2. lol so my reply was to the Page 1

4 channel DIY DVRs run as low as $140

8 channel, like $170. Plus HDD ofcourse.