C7 in CA

I'm trying to figure out what I have.

I've got a PC sitting here and I want to build a dvr. But I'm trying to figure out exactly what I have so I know what cards I can run in this thing.

I have this listed as the processor:

x86 Family 15 model 1 stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~1693 Mhz

Also I can see it's got an ATI Rage128 ProII video card and 256MB SDR DIMM. CD ROM, Floppy, Network card, and I think a 7Gig HHD. The OS is a student eval of Server 2000 and it dual boots to Mandrake. Server 2000 goes dark after a couple of hours or so.

So what processor is this? and besides needing an OS and another HDD how's it looking?

ive ran iview on a 1700Mhz P3 with 256MB ram .. sounds like this is what you have ... except you need a larger HDD for sure.

also format it and load XP then you are good to go ... no high speed software compression cards though.

It's just some homebuilt thing. It looks like it might be a pc400 SystemBoard. It's the P4 MainBoard M930 series. Says it's a Socket 487. And has a SiS chipset.

How does that sound?

It sounds like you have a Pentium 4 1.7 GHZ CPU with a PCChips M930 motherboard and 256MB of memory. PCChips is kind of a low-end motherboard manufacturer and I would probably use a different manufacturer if I were building a PC, but as long as it is working for you now it will probably be reliable enough. So I guess you should be able to use any card that doesn't say it requires more than a 1.7GHZ P4 and 256MB ram.

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll probably build something with it. It is not mission critical so a cheapo MB is ok.