anniegmail

what's the future of DVR cards and software

Oh yeah, the reason we use 98 is because that version of DOS works with the old DOS software - DOS in ME is different. BTW we used ME Dos bootfiles for USB DOS boot (eg. Restore XP from USB), ME bootfiles are what came included in XP.

Eg. **

I still use Windows 98 to this very day, of course as a Virtual Machine under Linux. I like to play my old DOS games from time to time like Warcraft II, Populous III, Dungeon Keeper, Dune, Duke Nukem 3D, Leisure Suit Larry and etc. The new games are just nothing like the old school games that actually required some thought to play. Windows 98 was the last OS to have true DOS still within. I was not a big fan of the DOS that was under ME.

I will still continue using analog for the foreseeable future. While IP cams have nice high resolutions, I feel the cost is prohibitive and the space requirements of multiple megapixel video raises the cost even more (good hard drives suitable for CCTV are not cheap). A well placed analog system with multiple cameras is more bang for the buck. I have installed hybrid systems in the past, but have yet to do a pure IP install. I do not consider the cloud as a solution, you need sufficient uplink to send quality video in real time to the cloud server not to mention bandwidth to retrieve as well. The cloud is also not completely under the customer's control and you really don't know who can actually see your portion of cloud. No thank you, I like have control of my own data and I guarantee you I can access locally stored data much faster than I can cloud based.