Tom12345

how would you do it?

179913_1.jpg

so i need two cameras in each building. distance between each building is about 50- 75 ft.

i came up with

analogue systems

dvr in buildings 2 ,5 and 9. building 2 serves 1 and 3, building 5 serves 4 and 6, and 9 serves the rest

cat 5 with baluns out to cams

ip system ?????

fiber run to complicated, unlikely to make such complicated pull without fusion splicing...head end only option would be building 5

any ideas.

Is there a network in place, if there is I would definitely use IP cameras.Put a POE Switch in each IDF and install NVR Software and storage at Main MDF, client software for viewing.

Edited by Guest

id probably go the following route.:

building 6 contains dvr, run cat5 high grade copper type (not the cheaper variety) to each building top allow the cameras a pair each with spares in each building x 2 so thats 5 cat 5's to buildings 1 2 3 4 5 and then coak from each cat 5 in each building (on baluns in a ceiling void) to each camera, then a psu near the cat 5 balun to run 2 core flex to each camera. building 7 8 9 10 run cat 5s to each building from the building 6 and then terminate into baluns above ceilings/cupboards along with a psu by each balun and again run 2 core flex to each camera, and a pair of the cat 5 use for the cctv video.

in building 6 dont bother with cat5 to the 2 cameras just put rg59 from those to the dvr direct and then from the baluns for each cat5 into building 6 take rg59 to the dvrs aswell. as far as i can tell. there should be 22 cameras in total. which should mean either 2 x 16 channel dvrs or a 16 and 9 channel dvr.

cctvplanned.thumb.JPG.bac256b4f707ca51cc1a8c365ccd665c.JPG

id probably go the following route.:

building 6 contains dvr, run cat5 high grade copper type (not the cheaper variety) to each building top allow the cameras a pair each with spares in each building x 2 so thats 5 cat 5's to buildings 1 2 3 4 5 and then coak from each cat 5 in each building (on baluns in a ceiling void) to each camera, then a psu near the cat 5 balun to run 2 core flex to each camera. building 7 8 9 10 run cat 5s to each building from the building 6 and then terminate into baluns above ceilings/cupboards along with a psu by each balun and again run 2 core flex to each camera, and a pair of the cat 5 use for the cctv video.

in building 6 dont bother with cat5 to the 2 cameras just put rg59 from those to the dvr direct and then from the baluns for each cat5 into building 6 take rg59 to the dvrs aswell. as far as i can tell. there should be 22 cameras in total. which should mean either 2 x 16 channel dvrs or a 16 and 9 channel dvr.

the dvrs or nvrs cannot go in building 6 only 5. your talking about running a 12 pair or 10 pair cat 5 to service buildings 7,8,9,10, and 11...the issue is future cameras are dependant on how many pairs you pull. the real issue i guess is having a crew of about 10 guys with radios to all coordinate keeping slack from building 6 to 9....based on the layouts of the basements/crawl spaces this could be challening. its not like the pipes are directly accross from each other with no obstructions.. plus you got 90 degree bends...there is also little room for pulling and placing figure 8's in the basements. i could see a figure 8 outside of the community building though...

in fairness it was a suggestion, i work on the cctv in a local school to me during the holidays etc, and have had to run in 280 mewtres per cable of rg59 from 1 building to another from one end to another and i did it in a few hours with just myself and another chap to help me, the secret is communication between your work force and also allowing to get slack where you need it when you need it. it can be done, but id run a cat 5 per camera so not a multi core cat 5, but seperate one to allw for future expansion.

hope that helps,

in fairness it was a suggestion, i work on the cctv in a local school to me during the holidays etc, and have had to run in 280 mewtres per cable of rg59 from 1 building to another from one end to another and i did it in a few hours with just myself and another chap to help me, the secret is communication between your work force and also allowing to get slack where you need it when you need it. it can be done, but id run a cat 5 per camera so not a multi core cat 5, but seperate one to allw for future expansion.

hope that helps,

yeah thank you for the suggestions....don't get me wrong i appreciate it

You don't have to do all of it in one pull, hopping building to building. You could, for example, do one pull from each of buildings 8, 10 and 11 into building 9, terminating in a patch panel or BIX block. Then from building 9, do another pull to with enough capacity for all the runs into 7 (so if you do two runs each from 8, 9, and 10, do eight runs - two each for 8, 9, 10 and 11). Terminate into a patch panel or BIX block there... then pull 10 runs from 7 to 6. Terminate again there, then take 12 runs from there to 5. And so on.

If you would like IP cameras, and have phone cabling between buildings, it wouldn't be hard to establish network connectivity between buildings using DSL-type extenders. You could then locate a small PoE switch in each building running your cameras.

A few sets of DSL extenders for those kind of distances can be under a few hundred dollars per pair, and easily run several cameras each, using a single cable pair per building.

I have run several apartment complexes, and a dairy with multiple outbuildings, in this way.