I'm recommending to my employer he install two ptz's to give me full monitoring control overnight. Looks like he may do so. Did I mention I love my job?

Two questions-

- One run is shorter at approx 100-125'. The other run is considerably longer, down to the warehouse. Looks to be probably 500' all things considered. At 24vac, which most of the ptz's I see run on, will the camera be powered properly all the way back at the power box in the office, or will they need to be powered closer to the camera?

- I suggested this samsung, which I think includes auto tracking, not sure-

http://www.coastalvideosecurity.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SCP%2D3120VH&CartID=1

And this one for the warehouse area, which is much darker out around the property I'll need to view-

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/23-X-Zoom-650TVL-100m-IR-Waterproof-7%27%27-High-Speed-PTZ-Camera.html

Does anyone have any better suggestions? I know there are MUCH more expensive ptz's- better cameras- but I'm trying to be somewhat reasonable to actually get an approval for this. Too expensive, and it may not happen. I won't be installing them, but their installer sucks far as I can tell. The pro guidance here will probably prove better than relying on the installers guidance!

Thanks for any help. Sorry for the links- hope that's ok. The sammy is from a dealer link here.

You should be able to power it at that distance with sufficient sized wire, maybe with a 28V power supply... I'd suggest powering it much closer to the camera though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCTV-Hi-Speed-PTZ-Mini-Dome-Samsung-10x-Security-Camera-/260573712198?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item3cab674f46

this is the speed dom,e i have on both the front and back of the house, its a very good camera both day and night. as the 2 picture stills show, this is taken through the network so bear that in mind please 1 last thing to say is the camera has a removable ir cut filter that allows infra red lighting of 840nw to be used i know this works as ive tried ity and ordered some lights for the driveway and the back garden. for the price dont think you can beat the quality, the cameras been in use since early last year and is even going down well with our local police force. they are very impressed with it from what ive heard on the grapevine!

1651868611_cctvnightimage.JPG.cc55c2f34b9441a16c5a15214c782a3d.JPG

1990798161_cctvdayimage.JPG.1244898e52d29315ed44b9c14ca7b6a9.JPG

Thanks guys. Do you have video demo of your cam? Looks ok, but may fall short of picture quality needed. I guess ptz's really aren't that popular even here. Even a search brings up slim pickins. Oh well.

180069_1.jpg

bear in mind this isnt taken direct direct from the dvr/dedicated micros but from the network connection side so travels thru our network system instead of from cd/disk, some quality will have been lost during uploading

Thanks for providing the pics. I really appreciate that. These two are two from my home system, from cameras under 100 bucks, snapped while remotely viewing like you. They are not ptz's. I expect nothing less than that picture quality from any ptz that will be put in line, and for cameras costing up to 900-1000 bucks, I demand it. It's not my money being spent mind you, it's my employers. But regardless, the ptz picture quality should be excellent for the dollars spent. And after all, I'm the one who's gonna be watching them too. I just wish there was more video demos of all cameras, including ptz's. It's very tough to spend money on something that gonna provide a picture, without seeing a demo of the picture it will provide! Crazy really. The market really lacks video demos of product- frustrating.

dancarnighttight2-1.jpg

danFDnight1-1.jpg

OH!- Sorry- I didn't realize that was a video! LOL! Hey thanks for that. Not bad. That would be fine in daytime I guess. If you get a chance to do an extended one in nightime, that would be great too. It is overnight that must provide good quality too. Thanks again for the effort- very nice of you.

Dan