Numb-nuts

Icicles on my PTZ

I never thought I'd see Icicles on my PTZ but today it's got at least three. Weird!

They are forming on the sunshield which is about 1/2" wider than the actual dome

so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. They don't appear to be too obtrusive and

my field of vision isn't too badly obscured.

What I have noticed is what little ambient light there is out there, is being reflected

very efficiently making after dark viewing a real delight. I can view places that weren't

possible to view after dark, before the snowfall.

Snow really is nice- like throwing on extra light. Nice little benefit. This is the only shots of snow I have this year so far. May it stay that way

177914_1.jpg

177914_2.jpg

177911_3.jpg

177911_2.jpg

n634995401_365403_6600-1.jpg

That's great. Stand under those sucker for a while. The house I gew up in had no gutters- the icicles were really that bad. Swords, really. And we kids used to eat em like some kind of treat- from the dirty roof. Gross. How did I do that!

n634995401_365403_6600-1.jpg

That's great. Stand under those sucker for a while. The house I gew up in had no gutters- the icicles were really that bad. Swords, really. And we kids used to eat em like some kind of treat- from the dirty roof. Gross. How did I do that!

That IS the house I grew up in No attic, no insulation under the roof... all the heat from inside went right through the 1" shiplap roof and melted the snow

is the arm thing in the middle where a camera is?

Nope... that thing was there when we bought the place. No idea what it was for, maybe to hang a bird feeder?

a picture of the icicles on the PTZ would be good.

i have temporarily replaced camera 6 with a PTZ but i only did it yesterday so no icicles just yet.

this is the snow from my cameras POV

180258_1.png

180258_2.png

180258_1.jpg

180258_2.jpg

180258_3.jpg

^^this camera has now been replaced^^

180258_4.jpg

180258_5.jpg

180258_6.jpg

i need to get a better dvr. CIF format or whatever is too small and my dvr is on its way out. i blew channel one up, the audio has stopped working, and there are a few other minor faults too

a picture of the icicles on the PTZ would be good.

i have temporarily replaced camera 6 with a PTZ but i only did it yesterday so no icicles just yet.

this is the snow from my cameras POV

180258_1.png

180258_2.png

180258_1.jpg

180258_2.jpg

180258_3.jpg

^^this camera has now been replaced^^

180258_4.jpg

180258_5.jpg

180258_6.jpg

i need to get a better dvr. CIF format or whatever is too small and my dvr is on its way out. i blew channel one up, the audio has stopped working, and there are a few other minor faults too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dedicated-Micros-Sprite-2-DVR-/260945515529?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item3cc1909409

dont know if this dvrs any good for your system, i have a dm but with cdwriter combined, (ds2a) and its the best kit around imho. this sort of kit is used in council cctv and schools etc, and if your ptz's can be controlled thru pelco rs485 P or pelco coaxitron/ bbv/ plus various other rs485 protocols you can use the joystick to not only setup the dm dvr but playbaclk,fastforward and rewind, and also control the ptz's. very useful on the net to. and if you get it and need help setting up on network for remote view, let me know, youll need a static ip tho for remote connection.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dedicated-Micros-Sprite-2-DVR-/260945515529?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item3cc1909409

dont know if this dvrs any good for your system, i have a dm but with cdwriter combined, (ds2a) and its the best kit around imho. this sort of kit is used in council cctv and schools etc, and if your ptz's can be controlled thru pelco rs485 P or pelco coaxitron/ bbv/ plus various other rs485 protocols you can use the joystick to not only setup the dm dvr but playbaclk,fastforward and rewind, and also control the ptz's. very useful on the net to. and if you get it and need help setting up on network for remote view, let me know, youll need a static ip tho for remote connection.

that does look good!

but i have no money at all at the moment!

the DVR i have now is a VISTA VC16TE CDR. it is a really good DVR with all the usual features but it is about eight years old!

check my youtube channel (in my signature) for videos of the system. i have two keyboards that i can use to control the unit and any PTZs connected. the PTZ is a vista powerdome so (i think) will only work with VISTA dvrs. but i don't mind selling mine and buying another second hand PTZ camera that works with the PELCO protocol.

i have seen a DVR i would quite like but it is about £1,000 so i'll have to wait. i was thinking about upgrading to IP by using encoders and one or two IP cameras but it is not worth it i don't think.

if i had £150 i would probably get that DVR right now. but i don't :'(

i have email and rwemote viewing setup on my current DVR. i use DYNDNS and the router updates it so i don't need to pay for a static IP