supanova

Remote access on PCDVR

Got 4 cameras running on an xvision card under winxp, works ok but no remote on wan. Can connect to the web server page but fails to connect to server. All activex set to enable and firewalls off. Help!

Xvision...is actually a GeoVision board with a modified GUI, still uses the same software.

Do you have a router installed and all necessary ports forwarded? If you want, post a link to the site, I would like to check something out remotely.

scott

Did you just recently upgrade the software version on the Geo system?

Also, post a valid link to your system, or IM it to me in private. I want to check it.

scott

My dvr program also needed port 2000 open ( and port 80)for every thing to work. you might want to read your documentation to see if it needs another port open.

As I said the card and software are xvision items bought about 2 months ago from www.y3kcctv.com the kit is good but backup, no comment. the setup instructions are in chienglise and not very helpful. my instinct says this is a winxp problem (?)

So do I, the password is correct as per setup defaults, is there a way around this? I have already tried a complete format and reload.