liveinxs

CNB VCB-34VF Blurry

i just installed a CNB VCB-34VF and i notice at night, as cars pass by in front of the camera, the images of the cars is blurry, i am thinking that it is caused by the WDR feature of the camera...

my CNB VCM-24VFs don't do this, has anyone else noticed this with their WDR cameras...

If you adjusted and focused it during the day, the iris would have been closed down partially, creating greater depth of field (ie. a wider range in the focus adjustment where the shot would still be in focus). At night when the iris opens up, the DOF becomes a lot shallower and the area that's in focus will shrink.

If this is the same as the VCM-24VF, you should be able to go into the onscreen menus and change the exposure setting from DC to ESC - that will switch it to electronic shutter and open the iris all the way. Adjust your focus that way, then switch it back to DC.

If you adjusted and focused it during the day, the iris would have been closed down partially, creating greater depth of field (ie. a wider range in the focus adjustment where the shot would still be in focus). At night when the iris opens up, the DOF becomes a lot shallower and the area that's in focus will shrink.

If this is the same as the VCM-24VF, you should be able to go into the onscreen menus and change the exposure setting from DC to ESC - that will switch it to electronic shutter and open the iris all the way. Adjust your focus that way, then switch it back to DC.

thanks Soundy, I am gonna have to check that tomorrow, normally when i focus, i install a welders filter , that allows me to focus during bright light, but when i installed this camera, i didn't focus it, as it looked good, as is...

tomorrow i will refocus it and see if that helps..

my only problem is my old bastard eyes, but i am gonna try and get it the best i can...

I've gotta try this - one of my shop cams is a bit blurry in the dark.