Jacobsdt

CCTV Multiplexer to DVR - picture issue

I'm hoping someone has come accross this before, I am connecting camera's to a Multiplexer and then connecting a cable to send the signal back to a dvr. On some of the camera's, when I plug the cable into the "out" connection on the Multiplexer the picture washes out and gets slightly distorted. I thought it might have been the cable, but when I tried an new cable it does the same thing. The cable is RG59. Help would be greatly appriciated, it is at a child care facility and I really need to get the recording working.

It's an impedance-matching issue. See if the MUX has either hard switches, or OSD options, to enable/disable termination on the inputs - you'll want this disabled on any channels that are passing through. The options might also be listed as Hi-Z vs 75 ohms - you want the former.

It's an impedance-matching issue. See if the MUX has either hard switches, or OSD options, to enable/disable termination on the inputs - you'll want this disabled on any channels that are passing through. The options might also be listed as Hi-Z vs 75 ohms - you want the former.

Total agree " title="Applause" />

Thanks alot, it was the termination setting on the DVR side. Some of the ports were set to Hi-Z. Just wish I hadn't cut some of the cable out first when I thought it was the cable.