sphyer

Anykeeper 2016 card - 4 Remote IE, What S/W are required?

Could some1 PLEASE clarify this once for all for all new comer using Anykeeper 2016 DVR card. To use the remote IE view feature, what softwares, port forward, are required to get started using this feature pls?

Thank you very much.

To use the remote IE view feature, what softwares, port forward, are required to get started using this feature pls?

Thank you very much.

You don't need any software, IE will automatically download the ACTIVE-X application needed for displaying the cameras.

Firstly, go into the setup. Select the user tab.

To connect using IE, it uses the "anonymous" user. As default no cameras are available to this user. So click "modify" and make "visible channels" all available.

Secondly, if you are connecting to the DVR over a network, just type the IP address of the remote pc into internet explorer:

Example:

http://192.168.0.1 (then return).

(You may need to go into SECURITY within windows, to ALLOW ACTIVE-X if you are using windowsXP, because it will stop the application running).

To get the IP address of the remote PC, start COMMAND PROMPT and type in IPCONFIG (then return) and the IP will be shown. (You must know a little about networking).

I am not sure about ports.

Good luck

Matt

Hello Matt, Many thanks for your reply. I don't mean to sound silly, but would you mind help further please. Here's what I have done:

PC#1(Host)

-------------

Anykeeper card installed on PC#1(Host).

Installed Anykeepr 2016 software on PC#1, run it, setup cameras & view ok.

Goto setup within Anykeeper 2016, set user as "ANYKEEPER 2016" & password, goto USER tab & MODIFY the user account as ALL access.

Let Anykeeper software running on PC#1(Host).

Pls Note: TCP 8013 open, this is also port forwarded on DSL router to Host PC#1. Have tried port 80 too, same thing - same problem.

PC#2(Remote/Client)

-------------------------

On PC#2(Client/Remote), COMMAND PROMPT, PING PC#1(Host) IP Address - The result was fine, got sent & received values.

Open MS IE(WinXP Pro), type in http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Host IP Adress).

But I got nothing?? "This page cannot be displayed" - error.

Then I goto SECURITY setup and enable ACTIVE-X, but same result.

2nd Solution on PC#2(Remote/Client)

-------------------------------------------

Installed Anykeeper Network software on PC#2(Client/Remote).

Type in Host IP Address & port 8013 - But I keeping getting Connecting to host, then host can not be found on STATUS (at the bottom).

This where I got to. From your replies on other threads too regarding Anykeeper card - you said additional "Remote Access" software is not required. So everything I need to get remote IE viewing to work is here, but I don't know what I have done wrong. Would you mind help me get sorted on this please? Thank you very much

PC#2(Remote/Client)

-------------------------

Open MS IE(WinXP Pro), type in http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Host IP Adress).

But I got nothing?? "This page cannot be displayed" - error.

Then I goto SECURITY setup and enable ACTIVE-X, but same result.

HMMMM...Sounds like a firewall problem to me.

2nd Solution on PC#2(Remote/Client)

-------------------------------------------

Installed Anykeeper Network software on PC#2(Client/Remote).

Type in Host IP Address & port 8013 - But I keeping getting Connecting to host, then host can not be found on STATUS (at the bottom).

If you cannot PING both computers, then there is no point in trying to connect with Anykeeper software because there is no 2-way communication.

This where I got to. From your replies on other threads too regarding Anykeeper card - you said additional "Remote Access" software is not required. So everything I need to get remote IE viewing to work is here, but I don't know what I have done wrong.

The BEST way to see Anykeeper DVR cameras is load the Anykeeper software on the other pc (#2), and then use the REMOTE.EXE program. Using IE is really just a "webcamera" style of monitoring, but you only get a camera picture, or multiscreen (there is no playback or settings facility). I suppose this is useful to monitor the system over the internet because all you have to do is type in your IP address on the other computer and don't have to download any software.

Sorry I've been so long in replying, maybe you have already solved your problem.

Matt

Hi Guys , ..

Well I'm so interested in any hint about Anykeeper software installation.. why? obviously because I think I´m doing something wrong since I have installed it on my PC , it notified succefull installation but I can't see any camera.. only the blue quad windows with a little red square on each left upper corner ¿??? .. I run the auto scan, it seems to recognize the cameras but it doesn't show me any image ¿?

ok, thanks for any hint you can send to help me

Please note that on my DVR system you have to enable or start the remote view service. On my system it's off when I start up the system and I have to start it manually.

1) Verify network connectivity.

a) Start -> run -> cmd -> OK

b) type without quotes "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" where the x is your IP address.

c) replys means good network, timed out means no network

2) Disable the firewall on both computers to rule out a firewall problem. This is for XP.

a) Right click My Network Place network select properties

b) Right click Local Area Network select properties

c) Click on Advanced -> Setttings -> Off -> Click OK -> Click OK

d) If you're using third party firewalls (Zone Alarm, Sygate, Symantec Security), you will need to disable those as well.

3) Repeat step 1. If you still get timed out, you need to work on getting your network up and running.

4) Add your ip addresses to the trusted lists. From IE tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted Sites -> Sites -> http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (uncheck Require Server Verification) -> Click Add -> Click OK -> Click OK

5) Verify the ports that your DVR is using

6) Try connecting without ports http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx if that doesn't work try it with port specification http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy (y is port # make sure you have the : in there)

HTH

Minh

JM sounds like you either have a cabling problem with your cameras or your cameras aren't getting any power. Also, you might want to check in your software properties and make sure the correct number of cameras are specified. Could also be that your DVR card drivers aren't installed properly. Please note, I've never used Anykeeper, but I've seen this problem with other cards and software.

From my expirience, AnyKeeper IE viewer does not work thorugh a router. The only way to make it work is through the remote client, or through IE when the dvr is connected directly to an adsl modem. The reason is that the port used for connecting to to the dvr is not static. It doesn't work even if you set the dvr ip to a DMZ or virtual server.

Thanks for the clarification loop. If your dvr is directly connected and you're using IE, how do you (or IE) know which port to connect to? Does port 80 direct you to a downloadable ap that is able to detect the correct port?

without the router there is no problem. just put the dvr ip in IE, install the activex, and that's it. If you're using XP SP2, reset security level to low as first step. Reset security level back to medium after activex is installed.

Thanks eyeonutech, but I have checked all the cables/cameras (with a monitor) and all of them are Ok , I also verified I have well installed DirectX 9.0, but I still can't see any image...

any idea about this problem??

thanks again

I have had the same problem you did, however, after upgrading to the DK-Net software (v2.50.60), the problem was solved. My current problem is when I used the remore viewer, I just get black screens where the cameras are suppose to be. Nevertheless if I watch pre recording events I can see them ok.

Anyone can shed some light on the matter?

what user are you logging in with on the remote client?

check if he has privileges for the specific cameras you are trying to view.

any user, can be admin guest or specific users I assign. All the users have the rights to view all the cameras. What I do not understand is how can I see archived recording but not live feed.

CAn you help me? I´m from Brazil and I have anykeeper but I cant connect client-server

I can ping client to server and ping server to client in prompt line, but , when i put ip server in IE browser , no page is loaded. no firewals in both computers.

I can see the image on the browser IE ,only in the server.

I installed the DVR-client software in client and I could connect to the server , but the software stay downloading , downloading ,.... and no download anything.

I tried open the DVR-server on client computer but it did not open .

Do you have some solution ?

Thanks

Either enable the IP as a Trusted Site, or set all disabled check boxes to prompt, under ActiveX in the Security Settings.

By default the ActiveX is not installing.

Rory

Does it use Port 80, and is that Port forwarded or enabled in any firewall or router? I cant telnet to it or ping it. Do you want to delete the IP so we can keep it private? (this gets indexed on google also)

That does work, for Telnet, so it is open and forwarding properly.

However, that is not a recognised HTTP port so it will not work in Internet Explorer

Port 80 is the primary port used by the world wide web (www) system. Web servers open this port then listen for incoming connections from web browsers. Similarly, when a web browser is given a remote address, it assumes that a remote web server will be listening for connections on port 80 at that location. Otherwise if using any of the following ports you will typically need to specify the port using a colon and the port number after the IP address.

81, 82, 443, 8080, 8090

See this site for some further info on HTTP ports:

http://www.grc.com/port_80.htm

Yes but I think the port 8013, is for use in remote.exe.

port 80 is default port for connections by browser.

is it correct or I need setup port option to 80 in dvr system configuratuions?