cloudy

GSM MMS alarm system

Hello everyone,

I just found this forum yesterday and thought someone might be able to help me out with some info

I have a house with a long driveway and i wanted to be alerted when someone drives down to the house so i purchased one of these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220897145387?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

the unit is surposed to take a pic from the camera when motion is detected and send an MMS pic to your phone, only I and other people from various countries cannot get the MMS to work but it does send an SMS when the camera or any door sensor is triggered and it does store a pic on the SD card.

One thing that is different though is the unit i was sent is not the unit shown in the advertisement (mine and other peoples) only say on the unit "GSM" alarm system, not mention of MMS or even DVR where as the unit from here :

http://www.dinodirect.com/security-wireless-alarm-system-dvr-home-gsm-sms-mms-function-m9.html?cur=AUD&AFFID=97&utm_source=myshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Security+Systems+and+Surveillance&utm_term=DVR+Home+Security+Wireless+Alarm+System+with+GSM+SMS+MMS+Functio

the reviews say that it records 90 seconds of video, where as mine makes no mention of this - perhaps the one i was sent was a imitation of a cheap chinese product?

so if anyone has one of these and can help me out it would be appreciated,

I also i was looking at a DVR alarm and perhaps a decent 600 line camera that connects to the net but I am at a loss to know when you are alerted via your mobile phone as emails dont seem to reach my phone in any timely manner where as an SMS is almost instant.

so i can watch footage from the camera on the net but how do i know when to do so and i cant save it on my phone?

I.e. DVRs might be great but any burgular with a brain is going to steal that too

hope i havent deluged you with too much information

lots of people are buying that stuf off ebay from china ......... people dont understand thay buying cheap from china also gives a problem most of the time that its not licenced to be used on your country telecom network. you may get sns from it but no video.

I have a house with a long driveway and i wanted to be alerted when someone drives down to the house

how long is your drive and do you have power at far end or anything cat5 or coax ???

driveway is about 80m and power will run from the road to the house underground, but i want to see who comes to the house, do basically 5m infront of house

I have managed to send my alarm system back and they are going to refund money (good thing about paypal and negative feedback)

I dont think the problem is a license thing more of a technology thing, as people i am in contact with and have same unit think its a CSD packet data problem.

there seems to be a huge gap in the market between SMS alarms and network connection DVRs as i want a picture of who triggers the camera remotely, not only stored on a hard drive ready to be stolen.