Adam Daley

GeoVision LPR Backups

Question... anybody know how to backup the LPR settings when using the GeoVision LPR software? I have to replace a client's hard drive. I've backed up the main GeoVision system but im not sure if that backed up the LPR software settings. It'll take me a whole day to fine tune the settings/colors/etc... we did with the current LPR setup.

Hi Adam

where are you located?

I'm in Florida, US plates, tried GV LPR but was really disappointed.

more errors than correct results.

GV supports sent me screenshots of Netherlands installation, go figure.

just wanted to know if you from USA and if you happy with results?

NY here. Am I happy, not really. Then again its not exactly on the same price level as the high-quality stuff. It KINDA works. You really need the LPR camera aimed dead on with GeoVision. I mean it works if you need it to keep track of vehicles coming/going but you don't need rock solid results. We get a lot of false readings picking up company lettering/etc... When it does capture plates its not bad. The recognition works decently. Im not as thrilled as I'd like to be though, really wish they'd put more work into their software.

Its also a pain to configure, way too much fine tuning. We spent hours/days driving around in circles trying to get it right, to the point where it worked great on our test vehicle... but then a truck/car that was different would come through, and it wouldnt pick up.

As for backup, i ended up copying the entire directory which seemed to do the trick.