cbr1

Sentient card help please

Helo to all, I am looking for some info to save my very unreliable and absolute rubbish sentient dvr from the dustbin, Yes it came from Maplin!

took it back today to be told I have voided the warranty by installing a 500gb hd and taking theirs out which was a 250gb, problem I have is that the hard drive is fine, something on the board seems to have fried itself, so the question i would like to ask, is where can I obtain another board that will operate this unit please, and should anyone be reading this because of the title, DO NOT buy a SENTIENT!!

It would probably be cheaper to just buy a new DVR, than to try to source and obtain a new board. It would certainly be easier. And you'd end up with a better DVR.

maplins sell the boards. but not much less than a new dvr.

you will have to post a picture of your dvr. (sentient) is maplins dvr name. you could have a re badged CNM / swann or avtech

many thanks for the help, I have put the unit in the best place, the dustbin!!

To be fair, did you check the current draw of the 500G drive compared to the 250G? You may have fried the voltage regulator if it could not supply the Amps demanded. Bigger drives need bigger motors to drive several platters and draw higher current.

It may well have been a a fair warranty voiding.