CSCOUT2001

Point of sale integration on the G4-XLA & the HD series dvr

Has anyone ever got the POS feature to work on the XLA? I have setup multiple DVR's and integrated with the ruby verifone POS,7-11 Software, Aloha, PC America but I am not having any luck with this brand of DVR.

Would like to here any success stories out there. I do not want to utilize a third party piece of equipment. The feature is listed in the main menu on the XLA.

I know I am getting the data from the register because it is working on the PC based DVR at this time, I would like to transfer the cable to the serial port on the XLA, then select the correct settings.

Thanks and hope to hear something soon.

Hope to

Hi. you have a dahua. it has a good compatable list on the unit but if your register is not there then you cant go direct rs or tcp. you will need a pos box before the dvr.

Thank you!

I have been all through the menu and have never seen a list of registers that the DVR integrates with. Is this list on the dahua units. It is my understanding that the company I am buying this unit is just putting their name on the OEM unit.

I wonder if I can get the Dahua units direct?

The units have improved a lot over the last year and are basically selling themselves once the customer sees them. I am selling the new version (G4-DCXT) but it still has the same GUI and software as the XLA... just better hardware and firmware.

Any information or websites to hit for the list of compatible registers would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. if your XLA is new then it is the dahua if its old then its a hikvision (also known as a colosuss)

if it is the same as this then you need a pos box and the wire kit

Ruby SuperSystem, Verifone 102001

or 102005 108007 Triport for Ruby SuperSystem, Verifone

181699_1.jpg

http://genivtechnology.com/products-one/Commercial-Class/G4-DCXT

http://genivtechnology.com/products-one/category-two/G4-RXEPRO

These are the newest version of the XLA. Same GUI (firmware) if you upgrade the firmware on the first XLA's that came out.

After stopping and sitting down to re read your post, it makes sense. This is the 3rd party hardware I spoke of earlier.

So this is the only way to utilize the POS for these DVR's. We are using the 102001 which is the VSI Pro, which overlays the pos transaction onto the video and then both are displayed at the DVR. (via one RG59 cable)

We are not using the text overlay / POS feature within the software of the DVR... correct. I wonder if anyone is working on the DVR software to eliminate the 3rd party hardware.

DVR software to eliminate the 3rd party hardware.

only with there cards at the moment it was on older dahua DVRs. VSI is a big expence for a customer.

thay is some cheaper options.

there is not many DVRs that will take direct aver does on all its DVRs via network.

181730_1.jpg

looking for clarification...

CSCOUT2001 wrote:

DVR software to eliminate the 3rd party hardware.

only with there cards at the moment it was on older dahua DVRs.

Are you saying there "capture" cards for PC based DVR's??

VSI is a big expence for a customer.

Yes I agree it usually adds 500.00 or so for the hardware

thay is some cheaper options.

I am all ears and looking for any information you can give me.

there is not many DVRs that will take direct aver does on all its DVRs via network.

Sorry not following this one who is aver????

what is the product that you have a picture of? Is it an alternative to the VSI that captures the text and overlays it on the video but has no ability to "search" for transactions via text.

I am very appreciative of the information so far.... thank you!

Sorry not following this one who is aver????

sorry was avermedia now called aver. all there DVRs/nvr have pos as standard across all the range. via pos box or network.

budget systems do not have search .. but IWH/SA/NV/XR series do. (sa / NV covers 4 to 32 channel cards)

181795_1.jpg

http://uk.surveillance.aver.com/product/embedded-hybrid-DVR-IWH3216-Touch

http://uk.surveillance.aver.com/product/iPOS-Function

http://uk.surveillance.aver.com/series/software/2

I went to the site and started looking around. I found a Bullet 2 Mega Pixel camera that does an amazing job for us but we get it from a different company who puts their name on it.... which makes me wonder what Aver would sell it for.

From your perspective, what do you know of this equipment, how stable is it, how does the hybrid systems do out in the field.

I like the G4-HD series for the embedded DVR's but I am wide open for a company that can supply me with a hybrid DVR / NVR.

I have to run to a customer now but I would like to pick your brain in the near future... if you do not mind.

Hello,

So what is that Delta piece of equipment?

Not sure how you can use it for POS. You would need to know the pinouts of the data flow from specific registers...but from the looks of it... it can overlay??? the transactions onto the video via the green connector? I understand the BNC connections could be in and out?

Am I close?