ivorbiggun

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Hi all.

My friend has bought a shop that had a 16 camera CCTV system with a DigiGuard DVR box (DG1648 I believe)

I have read 2 online guides and also the paper guide to setting it up so he can watch the cctv from home. I have connected the box to his router and also wired to box directly to his laptop, I used the video viwer software yet no matter what I do I get connection errors.

When I connected it wired I did the search and found the box, used that one and also the log in of admin and admin. yet still get errors.

Does anyone have an idiots guide on how to get this damn thing working ?

I am loosing hair on this one

Cheers

What exactly is causing the problem, is it that you cannot view via the internet? if so your problem must lie with a port forwarding issue, have you opened the correct number of ports in the router and pointed them to the dvr?

prob some one more experienced than me will be along soon but my thoughts are that you will not be able to conect via pc directly to dvr

Connecting DIRECTLY from the DVR to the laptop (ie. one cable plugged into both) may not work without a crossover cable. Both plugged into or connected via the same router is the preferred test method.

Both devices must have unique IPs on the same subnet (ie. if your PC/laptop has an IP of 192.168.0.something, then the DVR must be 192.168.0.somethingelse).

Once you have the two devices communicating on the same LAN, THEN you can worry about outside access: for that, the DVR's IP must be in the router's DHCP range... ideally, if the DVR is set to use DHCP, this should be automatic. Then you need to have the proper ports forwarded in the router.

Cheers for that

How do I change the ip's so they DONT match?

I am getting to the point of dispair with this thing!

Why can't things be red to red, blue to blue and they work :'(

If everything is connected to a router (whether hardwired or wireless), that router should have a DHCP server... the computer and DVR should also be set for DHCP, so they'll get the proper IPs automatically from the router.

Cheers

I will head down to the shop tomorrow or the day after and give it all a try.........

Shame you don't live in oldham you could come and help me lol

Thanks for the help so far

Cheers

I will head down to the shop tomorrow or the day after and give it all a try.........

Shame you don't live in oldham you could come and help me lol

Thanks for the help so far

Hi. your dvr is a avtech from 2007 so you will have some problems that you will need to fix first. we have 2 engineers is ashton (5 mile from you) but we do not do firmware updates on avtech DVRs. its 50/50 with them if it works or not. so we leave that to the customer to do.

Connecting DIRECTLY from the DVR to the laptop (ie. one cable plugged into both) may not work without a crossover cable. Both plugged into or connected via the same router is the preferred test method.

soundy is right router is best if viewing over internet is your target.

your avtech has as default standard a IP address of 192.168.1.10 so you could try that first. just plug your dvr in the router and then your pc and enter the IP as http://192.168.1.10 and see if it connects.

this is were you may need firmware if you are on vista ..

what make router do you have and who is your ISP. (internet service)

if your really stuck I will pm you my mobile, let me know, off to bed in a mo, but if you need it ill be around tomorro afternoon.

if your really stuck I will pm you my mobile, let me know, off to bed in a mo, but if you need it ill be around tomorro afternoon.

We've got some great members here

Hello All

Thanks for your help

I got up to the shop yesterday, tried the connection through the router, both IP's were different, tried to http: link and yet still no connection.

I think this thing just needs smashing to a pulp anyone got any other ideas?

I have used video viewer (the program recommended) through the softwear it has a search feature, now when i wired connected the digiguard box and the laptop to each other and searched through viedo viewer it did find the box, it aske for a username and password which everything I have seen says it will be admin and admin. Could all my issues be something to do with a changed password at all ? Is there anyway of changing this password if i do not know the current one ?

Someone also mentioned to me that this maybe a firmware issue if so how do i go about correcting this ?

Thanks again for the help so far

have you tried connecting the dvr to a monitor at all, just to access its settings? maybe worth a try as done this way the password should then become 0000 depending on the unit,it may only ask for a password on screen ps the 0000 is numerical zeros

hey

yeah i opened the ports on the router.

the unit is connected to a tv at the mo and i can see the settings. the password on the box is 0000 i have also tried this as the remote password yet still nothing.

I think it needs a lump hammer through the box !

remote password should be as you stated, admin admin, if you type the address ie http://35.67.90.16

into the adress bar do you reach the dvr opening screen? blue page that then has the password box?

for what its worth my thoughts are that this is a port forwarding issue thats stopping you from gaining access, as even if you are putting the correct passwords into video viewer it will still come up login error if your ports are not opened correctly via the router.

Hey

Ill try that http: next time i am down at the shop.

Do you sugest anything to check the ports are open ?

Once i get access wired we surely must be on a good footing to hit it remotely from other address's

I will try to break this down a little for you,

try to only acces the system on your LAN connection via web browser, your LAN ip will be the one in the dvr that I believe is or should look something like 192.168.0.10 type into your web browser http://192.168.0.10 or whatever your LAN ip address is set at in the dvr, if you reach the login page here then all should be ggod on this connection, set the dvr to DHCP in the network settings box of the dvr.If you cannot access the dvr at this point then it would appear that your routers ports are probably not open,( if I am wrong, try putting the dvr into the DMZ zone of the router to see if this helps.)

IF this works you will know all is good on the internal network, if you are typing in your WAN adress, which is your wide area network adress, whilst on your LAN connection it may not work, your ip adress for WAN connection can easily be obtained by typing into your search engine whatsmy ip, many sites will then give you this ip adress which is the one you must use, when away from the shop,it may look something like this 80.20.243.198. I appreciate the difficuly of setting this up for the first time.as I said in an earlier post, if your really stuck, I will pm my tel. I live in Coventry so visiting is not an option, but should be able to set it up for you via remote from here, hope this may help.

Hey

Your number would be epic, I expect that the next time i will be down there will be tuesday / wednesday of the forthcomming week.

Next time that someone says "hey your good with pc's can you just......" ill be saying no lol

plusnet

that would have been my guess with you being in oldham. plusnet is very limited if you are on the 6.99 a month then they will block your service or add charges to your service.

did you have a list of ports or just make some up.