Sign in to follow this  
Lancillotto

Siemens CCDA1435 e CKA4820

....are they all the same make
No, but il problem is con Siemens

...how is the data cable run to the cameras. and how far are the domes away from the DVR.
my tests are on the bench in the laboratory with 50 cm PTZ wired

...your dvr to control or with a external contoller as well.
No external contro, only PTZ command from DVR

I wrote that I used the siemens console keyboard only needs to verify that the PTZ speedDome Siemens CCDA1435 worked well with PTZ command.

But I have to command it only with the DVR 4NSYS

with your siemens domes only. were you have connected your rs485 you will see 3 brass screws around the base. you have to remove these and then turn your PTZ dome to the right and pull. on the top of the dome you will then see 3 banks of dip switches. protocol set this to pelco -D speed set that to 2400 and the 3rd is the dome address i.e cam 1 or cam 2 just switch 0 to on and the rest off to give you a dome address of 01.

put dome back together and set your dvr up as the same = pelco-D 2400 address 01 and see if you can move. also restart everything dome and dvr (power down)

I sincerely hope that these changes work and you report that it is operating normally tomorrow.

If not, and if you have all the time in the world, you could verify a couple of things.

These are all last ditch measures.

You could change the DVR settings to Kalatel, Sensomatic or Molynx-D to see if you could get the CCDA1435 to function at all with the DVR. All very time consuming work certainly.

Plus, I have seen some evidence of firmware/software corruption so that may be a possibility.

Or, you could bite the bullet entirely and pull the FCBEX480 (I am guessing that is this model) out of the Siemens dome and stick it into a generic dome for maybe $200 or less.

Anyway, fingers crossed on the baud and address changes. Good luck.

You could change the DVR settings to Kalatel, Sensomatic or Molynx-D to see if you could get the CCDA1435 to function at all with the DVR. All very time consuming work certainly.

cant do that he is on a standalone DVR ..... all need to be pelco. or have to use a data conversion box at each PTZ or a windows or enbeded system to use and setup another com port. 1 for each protocol.

Not suggesting that he changes other domes to Kalatel, Sensomatic or Molynx-D. Trying to establish why the CCDA1435 works on the CKA4820 but not on the 4NSYS. If it worked on another language, it would prove that the DVR can operate the CCDA1435.

The only two remaining variables are the CCDA1435 on Pelco D and the DVR RS485 signal.

put dome back together and set your dvr up as the same = pelco-D 2400 address 01 and see if you can move. also restart everything dome and dvr (power down)

I tried with two Korean dvr but does not work

183626_1.jpg

183626_2.jpg

183626_3.jpg

I'm sure you can connect to a DVR different from Siemens, where wrong?

Hi again Lancillotto.

I know this is a stupid suggestion, but have you tried swapping over the RS-485 leads? So that the tx(+) on the DVR goes to data- on the dome, and rx(-) goes to data+ ?

This won't harm anything - it will invert the RS-485.

The problem is confusing. You have three DVRs using the same Pelco D protocol that can't talk to the dome, but the dome does work, and does work with the Siemens controller.

By the way, you have checked that the dome still works with the Siemens controller? In case the dome has become faulty.

Siemens usually makes (or at least sells) good equipment, so I can't see how they would ship a dome that won't work with Pelco protocols, when they claim it does. The problem is surely something simple?

@ Horizon

I had already tried to reverse the data of 485, but no operation

I confirm that the Siemens console keyboard works well (the console has only Siemens protocol)

@ Horizon

I had already tried to reverse the data of 485, but no operation

I confirm that the Siemens console keyboard works well (the console has only Siemens protocol)

can you take a picture of the dip switches on the PTZ head. sw2 No 6 also needs to be switched off

184502_1.jpg

hi. like i said a few posts back you have not opend your camera. (that is just the first stage) you need to get to the second stage.

in your picture next to your blue switch bank. see the screw to the top right .......... you need to undo that and another 2 around the head. then turn your dome to the right and pull and you will see more dip sw.

protocols and data send type. if its been on a siemens controller sw bank 2 switch 6 needs to be swithched off.

I did not understand, you say that there are other dip in the head?

There are 4 more dip in the base for the protocol, but nothing else in the head