paul1967

MIXED SIGNALS ON 1 CHANNEL FROM ALL 8 CHANNELS

Hi, please could anyone help. I have an 8 ch DVR which has varoius diff cameras attached to it. One camera though when i have it plugged in to the DVR is fine for a few minutes then the picture just goes mad and i get overlays of all the other channels on it, flashing and flickering.

Strangley this does not happen with any other camera.

I have plugged it into another channel that has been fine with another cameras but the problem persists. I have changed PSU's and changed wiring and connectors ect but no luck.

Also strange thing is that this camera is the most expensive one its a sony 600tvl. All the others are fairly cheap ones and i have no probs with them. Any help much appreciated.

hi. if you have yried power supplies and cables then it looks like a duff camera. just as another test plug the camera direct to a TV and see if you get the same result.

sounds like the DVR is at fault.

try swapping the channel that the 'faulty' camera is on with another camera that you know works.

Thanks for your 2 replys so fast.

Yes i will try direct to tv tommorow, and to the second reply i think the dvr is fine as all the other cameras are ok on it. I have changed the channel it uses over to one that has been fine with another camera but i still get the problem. Anyone else????

As that is the most $$$ camera in the set-up, could it be that it is putting out to strong of a signal for the DVR card? Could one reduce the signal?