Sign in to follow this  
george_cc

GV 600 access from LAN

Hello everyone!

First time visiting you site and becoming a member!

Just 2 days ago I set up a Geovisio GV-600 System. I am very happy with the Quality and everything!

However I have a little problem! The DVR card is set up on a Server PC on my local Network. What i want is to access the Geovision System from another computer on the SAME LAN. I tried to do so via the Twin Server but nothing. What I am doing is to enable the Twin Server and then from the other PC on my local network I type on mozilla browser: 192.168.2.2:9056 but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong;

Thank you very much!

George

I have disable windows firewall in both machines.

I have turn Twin Server ON

I am typing the address in the browser but nothing happens, page fails to load

Edit:

I have just enable the HTTP Server and its working via the LAN. But really, is it supposed to work with the Twin Server Service; What is the defference between them?

Why are you using twin server? I thought you wanted to view the main geo system from another PC that should only require you to enter the hosts IP address if you are on the same lan. Do you have the webserver service turned on in the host computer?

Hello again, first of all sorry I am so noob but I am very-very new to all these things!

Initially, I thought that in order to make another PC in my Lan to act as a "viewer" of the Geo System I had to enable the Twin Server setting.

After some experimentation I found out that the the Web Server Tab will do the Job. Now I can view my cameras from my browser by typing the IP address of the Geo and also from the Software multi-view that came with the Geo.

Now I am trying to understand about the Twin Server Setting. What does it do? When I am opening its windows I can only change the Port number and to search for UPnP router (by the way, I have enable UPnp in my router and still it says no UPnP device found). So, in simple words, what is the operation of Twin Server? It will do my Life easier if I set up correctly?

Once again thank you for your patient.

George

I don't have my manuals with me this morning but look on geos website to be sure but I believe the twin server is used to balance recording loads and allow for backup in case the recording server goes down. It is not necessary if you are just recording to the host machine.