Sign in to follow this  
cbr1

thomson router plusnet isp

Hi all, have posted this as I have been totally stumped, been trying to help ivorbiggun get his avtech system online to no avail at all, ports are forwarded on the router, shut all firewalls down, including plusnets own online Fw, still cannot access this on WAN, all is fine on LAN, ports are still blocked no matter what I have tried, as far as i remember the router is a 5 something (2 digits missing from this) running v8 firmware, the router has no dmz, port forwarding is pretty straight forward, pointed the router to the dvrs ip, yet still nothing on WAN, anyone else had trouble with configuring plusnet/thomson?

any ideas are much appreciated.plusnet deny blocking ports but I am unsure,

plusnet is the problem like was stated in the ops post £6.99 a month ($10) is very limited .... you cant even watch a movie till after 12 at night (it gets unlimited then).

also plusnet charge £25 a month if you try and take large files (customers not told) he needs to move away from pay as you go internet (move to BT )

Hi all, have posted this as I have been totally stumped, been trying to help ivorbiggun get his avtech system online to no avail at all, ports are forwarded on the router, shut all firewalls down, including plusnets own online Fw, still cannot access this on WAN, all is fine on LAN, ports are still blocked no matter what I have tried, as far as i remember the router is a 5 something (2 digits missing from this) running v8 firmware, the router has no dmz, port forwarding is pretty straight forward, pointed the router to the dvrs ip, yet still nothing on WAN, anyone else had trouble with configuring plusnet/thomson?

any ideas are much appreciated.plusnet deny blocking ports but I am unsure,

in fairness to plusnet im with them and ive been really happy, havent been charged over extraordinary amounts, just my agreed amount per month. i have my any time phone line with them aswell as a static ip which was a one off payment of 5 £ the router is probably bit carp tbh, as i use netgear ie my own bought router not theirs. that said i dont suppose you can get into the routers menu can you, could you also pm! me the dvrs ip address and port number, also the model of the router model name/number etc. then i can look into where your router is being blocked to allow the dvr access if you want me to.

regards colin.

thanks for that guys, I leave for tunisia in the morning but I will text ivorbiggun and make him aware of your post, with any luck, he will supply the router details, i will pm you the ip

thanks for that guys, I leave for tunisia in the morning but I will text ivorbiggun and make him aware of your post, with any luck, he will supply the router details, i will pm you the ip

cbr1. did you dive up or did you try over the network.

spent arond 3 hours this afternoon, also around the same amount of time on tues via remote, just cannot get it online, ports are still blocked no matter what I have tried.Lan is the only way it can be viewed as yet

spent arond 3 hours this afternoon, also around the same amount of time on tues via remote, just cannot get it online, ports are still blocked no matter what I have tried.Lan is the only way it can be viewed as yet

200 mile round trip. which ports did you use for the avtech.