PeterRH

Blackberry Playbook access to AVTECH AVN80X

I have two AVN80X cameras and can access them fine from my Androd phone and Windows browser. I'd like to access with my Blackberry Playbook but although I can access the camera it doesnt display a picture. Although the manufacturer has an Blackberry version of their application (EagleEyes) its designed for the phones and not the Playbook. I also have V2 of the Playbook OS with the Android player but the Android version isnt yet available for the Playbook.

Has anyone managed to successfully view this camera on the Playbook?

I heard you can hack the playbook and put Android on it. It will never work with the browser because it requires quicktime or actives to work. There may be some 3rd party IP camera apps for the Playbook that may work with the AVN80X.

I heard you can hack the playbook and put Android on it. It will never work with the browser because it requires quicktime or actives to work. There may be some 3rd party IP camera apps for the Playbook that may work with the AVN80X.

Thanks, IP Cam Viewer runs on the Playbook but although it supports a large number of cameras this one isn't listed.

Contact their support and see if you let them access the camera for a few days if they can include support for it. Most software vendors I've dealt were glad to do this. If you want, i can make the request also so it looks like more than one person needs this. I can give them access to mine if they want.

Contact their support and see if you let them access the camera for a few days if they can include support for it. Most software vendors I've dealt were glad to do this. If you want, i can make the request also so it looks like more than one person needs this. I can give them access to mine if they want.

Thanks, I've contacted IP Cam Player support and am waiting for a reply. I also contaced the camera manufacturer AVTECH who produce software called EagleEyes to view this camera on various smartpone platforms including Blackberry (but not Blackberry Playbook). We're so far are having language difficulties as they dont seem to recognise that the Playbook is a device and is different from 'playback', a function in their application!

(EagleEyes) its designed for the phones and not the Playbook. I also have V2 of the Playbook OS with the Android player but the Android version isnt yet available for the Playbook

its not so much as the android version. its the fact the playbook WAS to work with all android apps. and BB looks as if they have changed there mind.

another one of those sales pitches to SELL a product. started selling here for £280 now you can pick 1 up for £90. i dont think you will find a app developer spending time on the playbook.

IPAD 3 is out in a few days

l havent got anywhere with AVTECH trying to find out if there is any way of viewing this camera on a Blackberry Playbook. IP Cam Viewer runs on the Playbook, has anyone successfully viewed this camera on a Playbook using this program?

l havent got anywhere with AVTECH trying to find out if there is any way of viewing this camera on a Blackberry Playbook. IP Cam Viewer runs on the Playbook, has anyone successfully viewed this camera on a Playbook using this program?

I'd seriously look at hacking the unit and loading Android on it. That OS it's currently using is a DEAD END and RIM is yanking "side loading" of android apps!

Makes one wonder WTF is going on with management at RIM as it's a really stupid move...

Google "Dingleberry".