cctvlad

DVR output Hunting

got a dvr output tv modulator to tvs in house , the problem that i have since installing the dvr is a hunting overlay picture its not noticeable to the novice but i notice it it like it stop starts.

output is baluned via cat 5 run to the modulator then is connected to the UHF distributor to multiple tvs in the house.

the DVR is a Dahua 16ch

hope ye can help lads.

"Hunting"? Do you mean "haunting", like a ghost image? Does this happen on all channels, some channels...?

hey soundy its like ghosting but its not the channels themselves. all dvr channels are fine just when the output through the rf modulator to the tvs thats all. its like ..u ever see video that has noise (normal noise) then it smoothens with a slight wave then back to noise again hard to describe. sort of a wave. its not still.

its 2 am here in N.Ireland but ill get some to you. might try video via digital camera.

what im finding hard at the mo is bringing out good night vision and how to reduce noise.(think its unavoidable and i think non IR cameras with IR floods would be more capable? I just bought a effio-e 700 tvl its like 160 dollars in your currency 72 leds BLC and all that. but it claims to have 60 metre range but it is pointed towards an open yard. just would like better low light exposure.

whats ur take on IR cameras?

Test it at the DVR with a screen and see if you have the issue still there

RG59 would be better option to take the DVR feed to the Modulator

Also what brand Modulator are you using?

I havent used an IR Camera in over 5 years nor would i, they claim X distance which never comes close add to that the Spider attraction it turns into a nature watch program at night

Good quality camera with IR cut filter and a light structure wether its serperate IR or Halogen