manumah

Hello from Shimla, Himachal Pradesh India

Hi I live in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh a place which is super backward as far as CCTV is concerned. I was the first person to get a Static IP connection in Shimla 3 months back....keep on running into trouble with my cctv cameras. In the past 9 months of Installation I have come across

1. Burnt DVR 2 times

2. Cameras Burnt 6 times.

3. Power supply burnt 3 times.

4. Belkins surge protector burnt 1 time

5. Modem Burnt 1 time (Yesterday) with power supply again burnt.

For a project costing Rs20000/- I have spents 3 times over keeping spares.

I think I really need help from this Forum

Welcome...

I know India has some problems with Electrical... Is this why your equipment is burning out? Power Surges?

Are you using a UPS or power conditioner?

I have a UPS connected a 850VA with a Truck battery, which gives at least 24 hours backup. My work involves products in which RAW material cannot be accounted for. In India corruption is quite a bit, hence to protect my business from this corruption I had set up cameras. It helped me save a lot of money. I must have lost about 10000$ in the last financial year due to pilfrige. This CCTV has helped me tremendously. Infact when I was about to put it up I learnt from reliable sources that some devious characters were planning to sabotage my camera by switching off the electricity!!!! So I built a system where there is direct supply from the electrical meter to my room for the UPS. If I want to buy good camera's and DVR's they come with a hefty price, maybe I wouldn't mind paying provided I get a backup system where in case a device goes bad I get a replacement immediately. But that is not the case here, They say they will send it back and get it repaired which means at least 2 months, so I bought cheaper equipment in 2 pieces each, 2 DVR's, 6 Cameras for the work of 3, 3 power supplies for the work of 1, 2 UPS, Video Baluns 10 pairs. The only problem is I have no one to ask, hence this forum. I feel lightining is the problem, I have a very good earthing. Initialy it was water running into my so called weather proof camera's, but I have solved that by putting a plastic glass all around it on the pole mounted outside....Dont know why it burns again and again

Sounds like you have many forces aligning against you! I wish you luck!

Is it possible to own firearms in India? I would invest in some. Maybe hire guards as well if you have much valuables.

I am glad I do not live in India.