starblaster

Is a dedicated PC better ?

May sound like a silly question I suppose.

Just installed a GV-600-4 and have noticed a few strange things.

1. Had a camera image 'lock' on me. That is , in certain viewing configurations I encountered a still frame while in most others viewing was live.

2. The GUI would go messy in spots.

Are these the indicaters of a crowded PC ( many other applications on hard drive doing housekeeping in the background ) AND do most problems disappear on a clean machine ( PC + OS + Geovision software only ) ??

That's one of the problems, when you use a PC as a DVR, it only stays as a DVR, because the DVR software and hardware use every resource of the machine to perform it's function.

DO the clean install, updates, and install DVR, and leave it as is.

By the way, what are the specs of the machine??

Intel mbd , 256meg ram , 478 pin Celeron 2.4 gig , Win2000 & 40GIG HDD

PLUS a heap of installed software.

I think it best to build a new machine as the above was to be a replacement for my existing work machine.

Thanks for the advice.

Id say you either have a faulty card or your video card does not do direct draw overlay, what video card are you using and are you recording to the C: drive or a seperate drive or partition, if you dont then you will crash because you will leave no room for the swap file on your PC>

Also did you install direct X 9 if you did not then this may be your problem, I am betting your video card is the issue and your probably recording to c: drive.

It is definately an intel chipset board?