bs953

Pelco MP300 capture cards/ DS Xpress

Ok here is what I hope is a quickie. I just built a DS Xpress 16 channel config for a customer of mine. Basically changed the mobo and the PSU, using the DS Xpress case and hardware etc. With the following specs:

Gigabyte H67A-UD3H-B3 Socket 1155, Intel Quad Core I5, 8 Gigs of ram, 4 2 TB hard drives, Dual Layer DVD burner, Cooler Master 500 watt psu, Intel 1000 Mb PCIx lan card and W7 64 bit, utilizing Pelco's new DS software 7.4.3, all of this hardware is new. The two capture cards are the MP3000's pulled from a working system, tested and retested no issues in another setup.

Issue: I got all the wire origami done, installed a fan controller, customized a cutout for that, HD fans, punched a hole in the side of the caes by the drive bays for intake fan, two pci exhaust fans, installed W7, updated the Bios from Gigabyte. The unit runs like an ape on too much caffine, BUT as soon as I install a single capture card the unit power cycles. I can only get one capture card into the first PCI slot, and the second into the third slot due to the size of the cards and the damn sata ports. However it doesn't matter which way I install them same issue. Contacted my rep at pelco and they are not aware of any issues with Gigabyte mobos (of course they don't support that),LOL. I am aware that Gigabyte mobos are 'known' for crappy pci slots. I hope that isn't my issue with this one, an RMA at this point would be time consuming IE re-do all the wire. Thanx