jtetterton

User 13" CRT as a local monitor to test focus

How can I use a 13" CRT television with a standard coax input to test and focus my cameras?

Can I just crimp an F type on one end of a cable and a BNC on the other?

Jason

Negative - that input is RF only, not baseband video. You'd need a modulator of some kind to put the video on a tuneable channel.

Depending on what input the modulator has...

Personally I'd just check Craigslist or a liquidation store for a portable DVD player that has a/v input... Way more portable than a CRT

The "coaxial" jack would be for S/PDIF digital audio out. Normally if it supports input, it would be via the A/V jack, with either a physical switch, or a source-select option in the menus, to toggle between input and output functions.

The "coaxial" jack would be for S/PDIF digital audio out. Normally if it supports input, it would be via the A/V jack, with either a physical switch, or a source-select option in the menus, to toggle between input and output functions.
I did have a old cheapo (don't remember the brand) portable DVD player that when the unit was on, but no DVD playing, would accept a composite video input on the output jack, and display it. Could be worth a try, it's not TOO likely to screw anything up....