Sign in to follow this  
justaquestion

Picture within a picture?

Okay, I was thinking that instead of having 4 separate streams for 4 separate cameras, it would be cool to have 1 stream for 4 separate cameras... I have kinda sorta achieved this by connecting my video out into one of my inputs. However it isn't quite the way I pictured it in my head. I drew an example of what I meant...

So basically I have my 4 cameras there, and by using A5 to record, I can capture all 4 cameras into one stream, instead of 4 of their own.

185824_1.png

Is this even possible?

So basically, if you have a 4 channel DVR, you could put 4 cameras into one of the squares, effectively getting 16 cameras on a 4 channel DVR?

Yeah you could do it, but just note that the 4 squares will be small and you wont be able to enlarge them to regular size on playback. In order to achieve this, you would need a quad processor running into each channel.

Not quite.. I am using a 8 channel right now, which I have 4 cameras hooked up to, and I just wanted to record those 4 cameras on 1 single stream. So, there's still 4 cameras plugged in, but when I hit record, I want to have 1 picture with 4 cameras on it. They will be smaller though, yep.