Sign in to follow this  
SpyGuy10

Any IP pinhole board cams?

Looking for an IP pinhole board cam to go into a DoorKing access control keypad. It doesn't need to be megapixel.

No.... use a analog board camera and encoder.

That's a shame. Any recommendations for a decent color analog board camera with pinhole lens?

No.... use a analog board camera and encoder.

That's a shame. Any recommendations for a decent color analog board camera with pinhole lens?

Well... I bought a couple from B&H Photo a while back, EverFocus 550 TVL 0.2 lux under $100usd.

I'm fairly impressed with them for a 3.2mm lens... not bad at all.

Cheers,

John

You can get the Axis Covert Surveillance kit, has an analog pinhole camera and a video encoder. At least with Axis you know most NVR software will support it.

Doorking sells a camera made for their entry dialers and it works well. One of the buildings we have property at uses that and sends the video to the cable company and we switch to a certain channel to watch who's at the front door. It's certainly not going to be high quality but surprisingly decent.

Doorking sells a camera made for their entry dialers and it works well.

Thanks for the info. I do know that DoorKing sells cameras for their entry dialers, but like all DoorKing products, they are very expensive:

Door King 1812-147 CCTV Color Camera Kit ($450 ~ $700)

Door King 1812-144 CCTV B/W Camera Kit ($450 ~ $520)

Those prices are based on a quick web search, but are representative of the market. I know that when DoorKing sells, for example, their DoorKing-branded AWID access cards, the price mark-up is VERY steep.

I've seen the video output of one of DoorKing's previous-generation B/W entry dialer cams (model #1812-040), and it was not very impressive (I don't know how the newer-generation cameras look). So I was thinking of putting together my own and at least matching, if not surpassing, the capabilities of DoorKing's cams. I believe I could buy a pinhole camera and an encoder for the same price as the DoorKing. I was just hoping that I could get an IP pinhole camera and bypass theneed for an encoder.