eyecu

Help with power connection

I have not been on here in awhile and need help with a camera hook up. If anybody could help me with this I would really appreciate it. I have experience with regular cameras; however this one is different to me then the usual ones.

I have a Vision camera "Super Night Vision" is printed on the housing. The camera model # is VN7011EH-VFAL 12. The camera has a 2.8 -12mm, Varifocal DC Iris. It also says NTSC on the label. No instructions were with the camera.

The warning sticker states "warning input voltage 12 DC /24V AC Dual power available. Cable Connection! dc/ac non-polarity. Lead wire, Red= power, Black= ground, Video=Yellow.

There is one black wire coming out of the back of the camera. The wire then splits into two, one wire has a green and blue wire (blue -) (green +). The other wire has a connector with four pins. I have the choice of putting a single yellow video BNC connector on it or I have the option of connecting a yellow video BNC connector with a black wire that splits from it, with a green termination block with two small screws.

I have never hooked up a dual power camera before nor have I heard of VISION cameras

How do I hook this camera up, and what power supply do you suggest? I do not want to fry the camera!! Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

DSC01852.JPG.afc131760bbf33d6c0c4049d2aa50b16.JPG

DSC01853.JPG.5086c1b2a68e398cddc8370557cc7df2.JPG

DSC01858.JPG.83b8be60d6f16e108cd59a5d76893c77.JPG

The wire with the RS485 label is for communication between a controller (DVR) and the camera. You can access the OSD and make changes remotely.

Your yellow BNC male is for video, the green connector with the screw terminals is for power. You should be able to safely attach any power supply between 12 and 24v and the camera will regulate internally. The green connector should have a + and - for polarity.

Jason