Sign in to follow this  
kaimanson

DIY Project - CCTV

Hi Guys!, I have been reading a lot about CCTV for home security, but I'm still about undecided about what to get. This is my plan for equipment:

*Zmodo DVR 8 Channel

*4 Outdoor CCD 3.6 lens camera (not dome style)

*4 Outdoor/Indoor CMOS 3.6 lens camera (they come with the dvr..soo maybe for backup)

(not dome style):D

DIY idea:

I have a two story townhouse, therefore some cams are going to be on hook up around the roof (driveway, front street, rear patio, and space between townhouses), and two other facing toward the main entry and back door. The two attached to the roof are easy because of the attic, the other two I'm thinking about using two set of "Baluns" and throw one pvc pipe with two lines of cat5e (more heavy duty cable) for the two cameras facing both entries, coming all the way from the attic (where i'm planning to put the dvr - heat can be a problem though).

If you guys have any idea or comments please feel welcome to let me know. =D

thanks in advance

Here is a link to my townhouse install that I completed recently, maybe it will give you some ideas

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29296

Jason

Thanks Jason, u got ur self a really nice setup + clean installation, great Job!. I have been reading quite a few threads here and found out that there are other options for equipments not as cheap as Zmodo, but still within a good budget.

Such as:

Qvis Zeus 8 Channel Security DVR

Qvis EYE-N35-FW-N Outdoor Eyeball Dome Security Camera 3.6mm 600 TVL

The cameras that u are using are nice, but not sure if they have LED for night vision...

thanks again!

They do not have IR. They have the Monalisa chipset and work very well in *low* light. Not so great in pitch black. I have a 60 motion light out front that is more than adequate to light up the whole driveway for these cams (CNB VCM-24VF). I'm very happy with them.

hi jtetterton, okis after a few weeks of planning I have finally come to a more conclusive project. I'm going to be posting it on the "System Design" forum. Thank a lot for all the info.