dopalgangr

night vision doesnt work anymore??

I have a buddy that has a dome cam with built in IR illuminators. The IR works fine but that camera no longer reacts to it and is pitch black at night when before it would go BW and utilize the IR. Does anyone know what would cause this? CCD gone bad? The camera is a Gen IV AD-A480 I/R

Ok, so it appears that the camera is staying in day model color and not switching to night mode BW. Anyone know what would cause this? Thanks

I assume you've power cycled the camera? Does it have an OSD where you can check settings?

Thanks for the post, yep power cycled and this camera has no built in OSD functions. I dont know what happens in these cams when the switch to night mode if its mechanical or something electrical in the chip. I had another brand a long time ago doing sorta the same thing but it was under warranty and I returned it and it was fixed by the manufacture.

Hmmmm, there's nothing I can find in the literature on that camera that suggests it actually switches to B&W at night - the specs list only the color TVL, whereas a day/night camera would normally list two separate TVL numbers for color and B&W.

That aside, it's definitely not an ICR type, so there's no mechanical switch involved. Night mode and IRs in this type would normally both be switched by a light sensor near the lens - if the IRs are turning on and it's not switching modes, that would indicate the camera is defective.

Thanks Matt,

I just found out that it is still under warranty and they are going to fix it for him. He may have the model number wrong but I did see that it had built in IR's so I would think it would have to be a day/night of some kind. Thanks again for the reply, I've posted a couple on here lately and wasnt getting any bites so I thought I might be getting the stink eye for some reason

Can any one tell me, how to detect that whether the cctv camera playing the real time video or the previously recorded video........???????